Music My first attempt at making game music.

Zetasis

I have made two more songs. Again, they're probably not great but I think I'm getting better(?). Anyways, as always, let me know your thoughts and how I might be able to improve!

Shop Theme Maybe?(My second attempt)

Castle-Cave-Battle Theme?(My third attempt)

Thanks for the reply and kind words! I’m don’t know much about music but I feel like I’m learning a little bit more with each new song. Anyways, I’ll keep at it and post whatever else I happen to come up with. 

Some interesting instruments in these songs. Most video game songs tend to be overwhelming. This leads to me to believe these sound like retro game musics. :p

11 minutes ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

Some interesting instruments in these songs. Most video game songs tend to be overwhelming. This leads to me to believe these sound like retro game musics. :p

lol to be honest, I’m not sure what type of video game genre I am aiming for with these. They’re mostly just practice. 

Music Shop Maybe - this could also be used as the map music for a modern carnival-type environment.

Castle-Cave-Battle Theme - I agree with Apache_ that they have a city beat-em up vibe.  The main instrument changes a lot in this one.  Individually that backdrop with those instruments is great, maybe not all together?

Marching Beat - it seemed like this was 4 different things with the same backdrop mixed together.  The main instrument was changed too many times and would have been better sticking with 1, or ones that were similar.  The individual parts by themselves were good, but a too much all in the same song.

Tribute-troid - this one was much better by using the same main instrument type and similar ones to the same rhythm.  This one could be applicable to several map-types, from a futuristic boss fight at an Asian massage parlor :4_joy: , or in a tech-type map.

Cheerful Day - is still my favorite so far.  The backdrop is consistent, and it uses the same main instrument the whole song, with 2 (maybe 3), changes in the rhythm on the main instrument.

Please don't take my comments too harsh, I like what you've done so far trying different things out to see how it goes together.  One thing that might help with the direction of a file is to choose a genre & theme for it first...it could change to something else entirely and still be useful, but it would have the same feel throughout the whole song.

Lmao because I’m not a musician. This was mostly just me messing around having fun. I’ve had my fun for the time so I’m going back to something I know, pixel art.