Set NPC/Event sprite to character

Question

How would you set an NPC or event sprite to what your character looks like? Setting the NPC to it would be more useful but event would work too.

10 answers to this question

Easiest way(the one I'm currently using) is storing the id of the character's sprite in a variable(you have to define that by yourself) and then using spawn conditions for events. For NPC you would need as many npcs as different sprites player can use at that point.

24 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

How many different options are there? 

You might be able to set it with player variable 

I though about that but would be really hard if the player have paperdoll.

6 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

Easiest way(the one I'm currently using) is storing the id of the character's sprite in a variable(you have to define that by yourself) and then using spawn conditions for events. For NPC you would need as many npcs as different sprites player can use at that point.

That's a good idea. However you still need to do this for every single sprite. I have like 15.

10 hours ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

That's a good idea. However you still need to do this for every single sprite. I have like 15.

Well... i have 47 atm, much work? Yeah, but... before source there are no many options

It would be easy for the devs to add a set NPC/event Sprite to player Sprite and the same with faces, because if your player Sprite is stored as a variable then it would just be varEventSprite = varPlayerSprite lol