Two question about NPC

Vhaeriel

Question

Hi,

I actually create an Necromancer Class.

I managed to create the summon spell, but actually Npc don't follow the player even if it's an friend or protector.

Any tips for do that ?

And, Intersect have an "agressivity" system for NPC ?

Like, an paladin deal less dommage, but product more agressivity than an Archer

Can we create a spell than taunt a mob ?

Ty !

6 answers to this question

1. Intersect does not have a pet system. With that said there is a little system you can make with events but the “pet” will not follow you and only attack whatever npcs you tell it to. 

2. There currently is no way to taunt an enemy. At least not that I know of. I believe the way enemies work in intersect is they simply target the player dealing the most damage. Though, I could be wrong on that as well. 

Hope this helps in some way.

Basically what Zetasis said. One correction though. Enemies can either damage the highest damage dealer or simply whoever aggros via this checkbox:

fce281a9cf27d7e41ad82d6d18913c69.png

When set to off, it is easy for a tank character to get aggro if they are ahead of the party. But if the checkbox is ticked a skill would be needed to regain that aggro as a tank. (This is hypothetical)

Having a skill to taunt mobs would be pretty awesome, but its not available at this time.

I can see what I can do with taunting. Forcing players to attack a certain target is going to be tricky/very hard to do given how combat is currently handled so not worth the time at this point. So the easiest way around it is to only allow them to attack the target (unlike npc behaviour where its really easy to force them to attack a certain target).

Let me know if you would like this behaviour as a status effect and I might implement it if I get enough requests.

9 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

I can see what I can do with taunting. Forcing players to attack a certain target is going to be tricky/very hard to do given how combat is currently handled so not worth the time at this point. So the easiest way around it is to only allow them to attack the target (unlike npc behaviour where its really easy to force them to attack a certain target).

Let me know if you would like this behaviour as a status effect and I might implement it if I get enough requests.

Yes, i think the taunt can be a new status, only work on NPC and not player (or the player get stunned or something else instead of taunted).

Well on the basis of a taunt system, there are enough features to make it so enemies will only attack you on sight if you taunt them, but if you don't taunt them the only other way to get their attention is to attack them.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:28 AM, Kibbelz said:

Yes, please. This would be a good feature to have implemented.