Defense not functioning properly?

Garlic

Question

11 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, defaultx said:

if your stats are low you wont see much difference if at all in the damage done/recieved,  with low stats you need a dmg modifier of at least 10 or more to see a difference. 

So 8 defense won't negate damage from something that deals a 3 base?

1 minute ago, Khaikaa said:

Have you checked your current damage formulas?

<Formulas>
<PhysicalDamage>Random(((BaseDamage + (ScalingStat * ScaleFactor))) * CritFactor * .8, ((BaseDamage + (ScalingStat * ScaleFactor))) * CritFactor * 1.2) * (100 / (100 + V_Defense))</PhysicalDamage>
 <MagicDamage>Random(((BaseDamage + (ScalingStat * ScaleFactor))) * CritFactor * .8, ((BaseDamage + (ScalingStat * ScaleFactor))) * CritFactor * 1.2) * (100 / (100 + V_MagicResist))</MagicDamage>
<TrueDamage>Random(((BaseDamage + (ScalingStat * ScaleFactor))) * CritFactor * .8, ((BaseDamage + (ScalingStat * ScaleFactor))) * CritFactor * 1.2)</TrueDamage> 
</Formulas>

My formulas. 

I don't even seem to have anything regarding defense.

Just now, Khaikaa said:

As you can see in your formulas, a difference of 4 points in defense doesn't make any difference. You have to adjust them as you need.

If I wanted something with 3 damage to deal 2 damage with you having 8 defense, what would I adjust that 100 to be? If it's possible to cause the defense to negate a % of damage instead of a flat amount that'd be ideal, but otherwise I'd like to be able to make it so 1 defense could negate say, .25 damage, meaning you'd have to put 8 defense to negate 2 damage. Does this make sense? lol.

Do you also have any idea about regeneration? NPCs regen way too quickly and I need to fix that.

Just now, Garlic said:

If I wanted something with 3 damage to deal 2 damage with you having 8 defense, what would I adjust that 100 to be? If it's possible to cause the defense to negate a % of damage instead of a flat amount that'd be ideal, but otherwise I'd like to be able to make it so 1 defense could negate say, .25 damage, meaning you'd have to put 8 defense to negate 2 damage. Does this make sense? lol.

Do you also have any idea about regeneration? NPCs regen way too quickly and I need to fix that.

Here are my formulas.

<PhysicalDamage>Random((BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (V_Defense * 0.0255), (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor * 1.2) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (V_Defense * 0.0255))</PhysicalDamage>
<MagicDamage>Random((BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (V_MagicResist * 0.0255), (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor * 1.2) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (V_MagicResist * 0.0255))</MagicDamage>
<TrueDamage>Random((BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (0.0255), (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor * 1.5) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (0.0255))</TrueDamage>

And i am unsure of the NPC's regenerating health really quickly sorry.

1 minute ago, defaultx said:

Here are my formulas.

<PhysicalDamage>Random((BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (V_Defense * 0.0255), (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor * 1.2) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (V_Defense * 0.0255))</PhysicalDamage>
<MagicDamage>Random((BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (V_MagicResist * 0.0255), (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor * 1.2) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (V_MagicResist * 0.0255))</MagicDamage>
<TrueDamage>Random((BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (0.0255), (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor * 1.5) - (BaseDamage + ScalingStat * ScaleFactor * CritFactor) * (0.0255))</TrueDamage>

And i am unsure of the NPC's regenerating health really quickly sorry.

Is this straight from yours or a modified version of mine? I noticed there's no longer a low of .8 on there, but thank you.