Wav files broken?

Justn

Question

Anyone else having issues using sounds in the game? I have tried several wav files and the client will crash when it tries to play in game (events, animations, etc.)

2018-08-06 22:38:49.430 [Error] Message: External component has thrown an exception.
2018-08-06 22:38:49.430 [Error] Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.OpenALSoundController.ReserveSource()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.PlatformPlay()
   at Intersect_MonoGameDx.Classes.SFML.Audio.MonoSoundInstance.Play() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\MonoGame\Audio\MonoSoundInstance.cs:line 23
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Core.MapSound..ctor(String filename, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 map, Boolean loop, Int32 distance) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\Core\GameAudio.cs:line 240
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Core.GameAudio.AddMapSound(String filename, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 map, Boolean loop, Int32 distance) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\Core\GameAudio.cs:line 191
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Entities.AnimationInstance..ctor(AnimationBase animBase, Boolean loopForever, Boolean autoRotate, Int32 zDimension, Entity parent) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\Entities\AnimationInstance.cs:line 46
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Networking.PacketHandler.HandlePlayAnimation(Byte[] packet) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\Networking\PacketHandler.cs:line 1207
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Networking.PacketHandler.HandlePacket(ByteBuffer bf) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\Networking\PacketHandler.cs:line 166
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Networking.PacketHandler.HandlePacket(IPacket packet) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\Networking\PacketHandler.cs:line 57
   at Intersect.Client.Classes.MonoGame.Network.IntersectNetworkSocket.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\MonoGame\Network\IntersectNetworkSocket.cs:line 88
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Networking.GameNetwork.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\Networking\GameNetwork.cs:line 141
   at Intersect_Client.Classes.Core.GameMain.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Classes\Core\GameMain.cs:line 50
   at Intersect.Client.IntersectGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\IntersectGame.cs:line 97
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)

5 answers to this question

Thank you. I will try to convert a few till i find a working one.

EDIT: I just realized I am not getting any sound to work in the client. Converted the wav files to a couple of the formats listed in the link but still caused crashes. Tried downloading new wav files and same result.

Edited by Justn

Weird. Haven’t seen this one before. Error is happening after the sound file is loaded so I don’t think it’s a formatting issue. 

Can you humor me and try disabling and then reenabling your primary audio output device in windows and then try running the client again?

On 8/8/2018 at 11:31 AM, jcsnider said:

Weird. Haven’t seen this one before. Error is happening after the sound file is loaded so I don’t think it’s a formatting issue. 

Can you humor me and try disabling and then reenabling your primary audio output device in windows and then try running the client again?

Here is what i have tried so far. Keep in mind music works fine in game only sounds are broken. After each step i restarted pc and tried to use the client again

I disabled  audio device in windows and reenabled 

I uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers, directx.

Tried various types of wav files.

Tried a fresh copy of intersect 4.9.1 and playing the wav files works just fine. So only my project causing the issues. (Also tried to overwrite my current client files with a fresh copy but same results)

This is happening on both my windows 10 pcs. Thanks for anyone who can help me figure this out.

Edited by Justn