Character Movimentation Issues

StrikerMDD

Question

Hi Guys, i'm facing a problem, and i don't know if this some changes necessary or if its a engine bug. 

Everytime i release the movement key, the character animation stops in the third image of the sheet row, intead of going back to the first image (and sometimes it goes back to the first image correctly), making the char stops in the middle of the animation.

Its necessary some change in the engine (without the source) to the movement animations playing correctly?

5 answers to this question

I’m not entirely sure but think that is intentional. If you look at the original sprite images that come with intersect you will see that the first and third frames of the image are the same. My only suggestion to fix your problem is to make the first and third frame in your sprite sheet the same. 

It's just how it's set up in the engine currently. It's important that the graphics are entry-level for people new to game making. I'm sure this is something you can change upon release. For now make sure you're using the proper graphics, use the default resources to figure it out. Cheers.

humm ... why not play all the 4 images and then back to first? Then we will have a full walking cycle (6 or 8 images do a better job for a seamless animation). Right now, we will have only two "real" images for animation (1-2 and 3-4  doing the same loop).