Ammo

Khaikaa

Question

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on some weapons, like bows and some others. How could I do a bow consume arrows when shooting?

Of course I can edit usage requirements, so it won't shoot if the player has no arrows on his inventory. Also, I can do the same thing on the projectile editor modifying ammunition requirements, but I don't find any way to "waste" arrows everytime I shoot. Is there any way? Or should I wait until code release?

Good luck!

5 answers to this question

In the projectiles editor you can choose whether or not a specific projectile requries ammo and which item that ammo is. For example if you set the projectile "Bow Shot" to require "Bronze Arrows" every time you shoot 1 bronze arrow will be removed, if you dont have any it will tell you that you are out of ammo.

8 hours ago, Aesthetic said:

In the projectiles editor you can choose whether or not a specific projectile requries ammo and which item that ammo is. For example if you set the projectile "Bow Shot" to require "Bronze Arrows" every time you shoot 1 bronze arrow will be removed, if you dont have any it will tell you that you are out of ammo.

Uhm then... or there is a problem on the item that consumes, or there is any missing menu I don't see (like happens on the quest editor), or maybe I'm missing something or maybe it's bugged. I wrote this configuration on the projectile:

projectile.png.300208bb2b2d47751b3eb2fabe906ec2.png

This configuration on the weapon:

arco.png.e430ce7d90ba251a454588463a15ebd7.png

And this configuration on the ammo item:

flecha.png.45d09ca8d94f7a2554fe2797fcb24256.png

The thing I'm thinking on is creating a event spell which removes 1 arrow of your inventary everytime it hits, but how could I fix this without that? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your answer