pow and sqrt on damage formula?

Khaikaa

Question

Hi guys,

I want to know if it is possible to use any math method on the damage formulas, like pow or sqrt. which ones and how?

If not, how could I do a square root?

Good luck!

6 answers to this question

no one can help me with this?

Maybe if someone tells me how intersect engine process the damage formula's text I could solve my problem by myself. Please, I'm tired of avoiding "0s" and negative numbers.

4 minutes ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

Did you try it?

Only people that can tell you for sure are the devs.

Yes, I tried, I tried using symbols as it works like an excel formula, also I searched methods like the random one used to attemp find out which language could be the one used and tried using mathematicals methods of these languages, but maybe is just a string processed by the source code and I don't know how it is processed. Anyways, if there is no way to pow or sqrt I'm fucked, because the formula I designed fails when debuffing and changing the formula means changing all classes, monsters, items and spells stats and effects, so I really need a way to pow or sqrt

45 minutes ago, Khaikaa said:

Yes, I tried, I tried using symbols as it works like an excel formula, also I searched methods like the random one used to attemp find out which language could be the one used and tried using mathematicals methods of these languages, but maybe is just a string processed by the source code and I don't know how it is processed. Anyways, if there is no way to pow or sqrt I'm fucked, because the formula I designed fails when debuffing and changing the formula means changing all classes, monsters, items and spells stats and effects, so I really need a way to pow or sqrt

Then it's up to one of the developers to give you an answer! 

Can I see your damage formula? And are you able to add and subtract in it? Sorry, never messed around with that part

On 4/1/2018 at 12:34 AM, Beefy Kasplant said:

Then it's up to one of the developers to give you an answer! 

Can I see your damage formula? And are you able to add and subtract in it? Sorry, never messed around with that part

Yup, I can add and substract, even multiply and divide, but needed square roots.

Anyways, changed the damage formula. I'm not happy with this one, but is the better one I'm able to design.

<PhysicalDamage>Random((((A_Attack+A_Defense+A_Speed+A_AbilityPwr+A_MagicResist)/5)/((V_Attack+V_Defense+V_Speed+V_AbilityPwr+V_MagicResist)/5)*(BaseDamage/10))*((ScaleFactor*(ScalingStat*ScalingStat+1))/(V_Defense*V_Defense+1))*.975+1, (((A_Attack+A_Defense+A_Speed+A_AbilityPwr+A_MagicResist)/5)/((V_Attack+V_Defense+V_Speed+V_AbilityPwr+V_MagicResist)/5)*(BaseDamage/10))*((ScaleFactor*(ScalingStat*ScalingStat+1))/(V_Defense*V_Defense+1))*1.025+1)</PhysicalDamage>

Thx anyways.

Good luck!