point re-spawn

vinurd

Hi.I'll tell you how I managed to make a point of re-spawning.

To start, you need to create a global event and call it something like001.thumb.jpg.eb18d5282ef1d3849668dff574bcabee.jpg

2.Then create the variables.I created 4 pieces. called Resp1, Resp2,Resp3, Resp4.
002.thumb.jpg.e868062e705d169eb04346d7fcab42ea.jpg

3. Further back in the global event and write there the branching variable check(after switch). Specify what global event should trigger when you respawn the character.
In each of the branches where the truth lies(Resp1=1)- specify where it should appear the player.

003.thumb.jpg.2640185a57aef797a2f286d2ac5583d4.jpg

4.Create respawn points through events on the map. At the points of changing one variable on 1. Others put 0
So in the global event will be determined by which variable is currently active and has 1. And there will be a move of the player dying.
The player asks the question: do you want to revive here? no.
In Yes, set variable to 1, remaining variables zero. And so in other points with different variables.

004.thumb.jpg.d6ff372ee0777bb575f97fe71171a2dc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2017 at 2:08 PM, vinurd said:

003.thumb.jpg.2640185a57aef797a2f286d2ac5583d4.jpg

I'm really glad you're doing a tutorial however the way you're doing it is wrong. First of all, you don't need a million variables or switches. You need 1 and set it to the correct number if appropriate. This way only 1 condition will trigger and i don't use a single variable.. So i.e. say you want to respawn at spawn point no 3 your respawn variable should be 3 and checked as such.

Also assuming I have all variables of your current system set to 1. I get warped to the first, second, third and fourth map in succession before stopping. (not to mention the initial default starter map of my class). This is going to make deaths extremely laggy for having to load 5 maps minimum and the potential surrounding 8 maps of all of those 5 that are loaded from the server on death.

I'm glad you wrote a tutorial but I hope you can update this, kibbelz

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

I'm really glad you're doing a tutorial however the way you're doing it is wrong. First of all, you don't need a million variables or switches. You need 1 and set it to the correct number if appropriate. This way only 1 condition will trigger and i don't use a single variable.. So i.e. say you want to respawn at spawn point no 3 your respawn variable should be 3 and checked as such.

Also assuming I have all variables of your current system set to 1. I get warped to the first, second, third and fourth map in succession before stopping. (not to mention the initial default starter map of my class). This is going to make deaths extremely laggy for having to load 5 maps minimum and the potential surrounding 8 maps of all of those 5 that are loaded from the server on death.

I'm glad you wrote a tutorial but I hope you can update this, kibbelz

and i was about to follow this tutorial, kibbelz would you mind writing a more precise tutorial on how to go about doing this then?

I tested your code a little and I think it's a mistake. and exactly what I mean, how is the global change set to 1 when writing and log out of the game will occur, in my opinion the change should return to 0, ie the state of not remembering the user's location