Question about Tilesets

Deuzz

Question

Hey,

I would like to ask if I would be allowed to publish a game using the default tilesets, just asking because the whole thing with the RPG Maker RTP license got me confused and I don't know if the default tilesets in the Intercept Engine are under that license.

Also a question off-topic: Do you guys have an estimation for the release of 4.3? Asking due to the Common Event bug and I kinda need them. I understand if you can't answer this question.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

6 answers to this question

The default graphics are technically Macks.  Everyone at the RPG Maker Community would swear up and down that they are safe to use outside RPG Maker. (I've asked, then mods deleted my thread)

Macks graphics were released under a free to use commercial license. But I don't think anyone could argue that there are some very close parallels with the RPG Maker RTP, so we recommend finding alternatives. It's a judgement call. 

I am personally so conflicted over those graphics that I've been working with several artists here to create a new graphic pack, it's not complete yet, but you're free to use it now and more info will be released publicly soon:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9ZwewpngPoteS1HYXQ2S2YycWM?usp=sharing

As for 4.3 we have no estimated release date. There is, however, a server with that bug fixed SOMEWHERE in our bug section. (I had someone reporting the bug test the fix.) I can't find the fixed link right now but I know it's in there. (Filter by Beta 4, Bug Report, and Fixed)

Unless JC has already done the swap the default graphics are not properly licensed so I would avoid using them, and Intersect's new default graphics which you can use are located here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9ZwewpngPoteS1HYXQ2S2YycWM?usp=sharing

RPG Maker's graphics are not licensed for usage outside of RPG Maker (it's technically illegal to use them unless you are using RPG Maker, and obtained RPG maker legally via a free giveaway or paid for it).

Hmm. Okay thanks for your answers ^^

Would Benben's Tilesets be usable in your engine? I've found  them in the resource forum (Found here).

Since  they have RTP parallels as well :/ Anyways, thanks for your answers. I will try to find the bug fix.

Kind regards

1 hour ago, jcsnider said:

As for 4.3 we have no estimated release date. There is, however, a server with that bug fixed SOMEWHERE in our bug section. (I had someone reporting the bug test the fix.) I can't find the fixed link right now but I know it's in there. (Filter by Beta 4, Bug Report, and Fixed)

What would you do without me ... ? :PP