[Request] Need logo for Ruinic

General Awesome

Question

Hello, everyone! Development of Ruinic is chugging along fairly well, but I'm pretty severely limited in where I can advertise the game right now, as I don't have any branding for the game.

I am requesting a logo and possibly matching icons for the game. I can pay for the work if need be, but I'm also willing to bring you on board via credits in the game. 

You can check out everything here: 

You may also shoot me a PM for contact details.

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Toxic Kasplant said:

'

I took a closer look and saw that you're attempting to shade the font. The colours are still too close together (in lightness value, try to get 20+ difference between your colours, so if you have 100, use 80, then 60, this works well in my experience for low colour count spriting) and if you want to hue shade, try to get 15+ difference in the hue value, towards blue/purple for darker and towards yellow for lighter. 

The shading is darker from the outside of the logo with the insides of the logo being the lightest- this implies that the light source is between the logo. Try to think about where the light is coming from, if it's above, does the 'U' block the light?

The colours could use less saturation also. The green and orange are too vibrant, my first thought was of a late 80s logo I saw on a VHS tape case once.

I like the logo as a whole, my only feedback would be to introduce a beige or grey to shade the edges of the logo.

Lol. That was the best.

22 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I tried really hard but here ya go :^)

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.png

Serious note, I'm glad you are still working on this, I really hope you complete the project!

'

I took a closer look and saw that you're attempting to shade the font. The colours are still too close together (in lightness value, try to get 20+ difference between your colours, so if you have 100, use 80, then 60, this works well in my experience for low colour count spriting) and if you want to hue shade, try to get 15+ difference in the hue value, towards blue/purple for darker and towards yellow for lighter. 

The shading is darker from the outside of the logo with the insides of the logo being the lightest- this implies that the light source is between the logo. Try to think about where the light is coming from, if it's above, does the 'U' block the light?

The colours could use less saturation also. The green and orange are too vibrant, my first thought was of a late 80s logo I saw on a VHS tape case once.

I like the logo as a whole, my only feedback would be to introduce a beige or grey to shade the edges of the logo.