Paperdolls?

Grizzy

Question

I am a little confused? I recently read a post that has me confused... Let me explain.

SO I was under the assumption that all paperdolls have to fit into the frame of the character. Ex: (I made this larger to fit larger items)

http://imgur.com/uflamr3

I recently read that I don't have to do that with this engine, I can fit paperdolls into the frame that would technically be larger than the entities layout? Is that true and am I making sense? lol

3 answers to this question

You tell us.

It was always my intention for the paperdoll graphics to be split into 16 frames no matter their size and then centered on the player sprite so you could infact have paperdolls that were larger and smaller than the characters themselves. (But using paperdolls of the same size would also work)

This system might be a tad bit broken, if so we will have to look into fixing it as we move into beta.

From what I understand all images have a centralization code. So that would mean that you don't have to have paperdolls fit into the Sprite frame. I could be wrong on this so I would suggest giving it a shot your self. Agoraphobic and I tried this out but I also was using paperdolls that were much much larger then the player Sprite and for some reason the paperdolls were not rendered properly. I believe this is because, like I said, the paperdoll frames were much much larger then the Sprite frames. 

It would be useful if they could be larger, I just don't know in theory how that would work, or how you could even code that. Lol. The problem I have with doing it the way I have is it has created a lot of things off center for my default sprite. And I want the default sprite to be larger 32x64 to be exact, but in order to fit things like weapons, armor, hair, ect.. I've had to put 32 pix squares all around the original sprite, and I'm worried in the long run that would be the most efficient method and I'll have to rewrite all of my sprites.