Eventing Seats

biosboy4

Question

Hey guys,

Since we are getting to the stage where we are about to start working on events, I am noticing a potential issue.  Up to this point, mapping has been easy to collaborate on thanks to the import/export feature. However, eventing doesn't seem to be so easy. If more than one person is developing a game, then (as far as I can see) only one person can program events at a time; otherwise the development will fork and a lot of re-work will have to occur to fix.

Am I wrong about this I hope?

Regards,

biosboy4

Edit: Wait.. I bet creating elevated accounts for the developers on the server will allow for multiple editors to connect, right?

3 answers to this question

Multiple elevated accounts will allow multiple users to edit events.

Things to keep in mind. Only let one person edit a events on a particular map at a time. Other developers can work on events on different maps. Common events are similar. Make sure you don't have 2 people working on the save common event at the same time, but multiple people can design different common events concurrently.

If you try to edit a map or the same event at the same time one of you will lose changes.

4 hours ago, jcsnider said:

If you try to edit a map or the same event at the same time one of you will lose changes.

Found this out the hard way, lol! My partner and I have had 0 issues with the separate map method mentioned by JC once we started communicating better and keeping to our own little sections.