Port Forwarding Configured But Not Working!

Zahvi

Question

Hello, AGD community.

I've been able to forward my ports in the past to put my game online for people on an outside network to connect and play, but for some reason I have not been able to open up the 4500 port for Intersect.

- I've given my computer a static IP.

Spoiler

static ip.PNG

- I've accessed my default gateway and set up the forward for port 4500 using the same IP that I made static.

Spoiler

Forwarded Port.PNG

- My config.xml file is using the same port I forwarded.

Spoiler

config file.PNG

When I go to check if my ports it read back this error:

Spoiler

port error.PNG

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I've been raiding google for the past 5 hours for an answer. Please, will someone help guide me into forwarding my ports properly and getting my game online for others on an outside network can connect?

16 answers to this question

Looks like you are right on the mark. I am just gonna blurt out a few thoughts/ideas that you might look into.

Try disabling windows firewall and any antivirus programs to see if they are interfering.

In some (rare) cases people will have a modem and a router which both have firewalls/port forwarding configurations. In such cases you would have to login to your modem config, port forward to your router and then port forward your router to your pc,

@jcsnider I have my firewall and antivirus disabled. It could be possible that my case is a rare case. How would I go about accessing my modem config?

@John I don't see how changing the host value in the config file to localhost will allow other users to connect from an outside network. I believe my problem has nothing to do with the config file seeing how when checking my ports I get an error saying could not connect to service, reason: connection refused. I believe it's something to do with my router accepting the connection. 

10 minutes ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@Mikal Burrows Just for next time put your 2 comments in one jc hates double posting and also connection refused just means it didn't connect which includes things like wrong ports and ip's and stuff

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure not to double post again. My apologies for double posting @jcsnider.

As for the wrong port or IP I have double checked them numerous amounts of times I do believe they are correct, however, the error reads  Error: I could not see your service on 24.164.2.84 on port (4500)  "Could not SEE your service." The word that stands out to me is see which leads me to belive that JC maybe right of me having a rare case of having to portforward my modem to my router.

If your router is behind a modem that is acting like a router + firewall your router will have its own IP that isn't 24.164.2.84.

Go through your router settings (WAN Setup tab maybe?) and see if you can find the ip that the modem assigned your router.

Edit: I merged the posts :P

6 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

If your router is behind a modem that is acting like a router + firewall your router will have its own IP that isn't 24.164.2.84.

Go through your router settings (WAN Setup tab maybe?) and see if you can find the ip that the modem assigned your router.

Edit: I merged the posts :P

I do believe my router is a router + firewall but it is also a 2 in 1 router and a modem. I checked the wan setup and this is what it displayed.

Spoiler

wan settup.PNG

2 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

The router won't look at port-forwarding rules without the firewall enabled.

Without port forwarding rules it doesn't know how to direct traffic.

Glad you got it working :D

Okay that makes sense. Thanks for all your help! :D