editor help!

usirname

Question

11 answers to this question

i got so exited there for a moment, i went to try it and i cannot get it to work, it always pastes all the layers underneath the event when i try and move it, its actually no big deal, sometimes though i have some intricate designs and don't want to go find the tiles again, it's mostly when i have to make an event warp from one map to another, there is a lot of copy and pasting

7604f4712354db8bea6d6505c00a6444.png

or i have some shallow water tiles that when the player walks through it attaches an animation to them as if they are knee deep in water and have to copy and paste a lot of events around the edge to call the event off, also the ones in the middle to turn it on, i find myself having to redo the waters edges quite a lot, as i might have some plants or stones on them tiles as well because its usually after i have designed the map i use the events

by chance is this a new feature that i have not yet had access to as i am still on version 0.7.0.139?

thank you for replying to me either way! 

when the player walks through it attaches an animation to them as if they are knee deep in water

Paperdolls would be a better way to do that i think. I was thinking about a way to show myst on forests' grounds (basically the same thing so), and the most reliable way i fount is to create a paperdoll which is shown on player when they are in certain zones like those with myst, water, dust...

7 hours ago, Artheios said:

Paperdolls would be a better way to do that i think. I was thinking about a way to show myst on forests' grounds (basically the same thing so), and the most reliable way i fount is to create a paperdoll which is shown on player when they are in certain zones like those with myst, water, dust...

the mist idea is cool i like it, have you made the paperdoll yet? ill keep this in mind, i have a question tho, would it be able to be animated? as well as make a sound? perhaps every 800ms, an audio cue as well as a visual cue in the form of a 2 frame animation set at 100ms on a 4x loop, would be what i have in mind

16 hours ago, Artheios said:

Nope, the myst is not created yet, but maybe by creating a myst tileset disposed on the third layer of mapping and animated like water tilesets i think it could be done.

oh i would never have thought of that, id very much like to see this in action, i still don't know too much about how the animated tiles work yet but i've wanted to learn it for a while now, i really want to create an animated water tiles! 

Basically it will work like an animated water tileset. If you want examples on how to do such things look at the base tilesets of the engine for example the autotiles_water.png one. After that Intersect is pretty simple for using that type of tileset, you just have to choose the tile type Animated [VX Format] and the engine do the rest ^^.

So now that we know that, creating a myst tileset isn't complicated, you have to create it, i remind not of something like this already exist but it's like some clouds so the effect can be certainely reproduced to make our myst tileset. After that you play with opacity to make the myst transparent as you want.

If you've not even watch it, Paule Hawse as made some tutorials on youtube for the engine, it covers some features in the engine, you can find them there :

@Artheios i think if its done right it could actually look very good, i love this idea! it would work so well in the forrest i have been messing around in, trying to pull everything together so it looks magical, dark and mystical, yet peaceful, bright and full of life in some places, some mist on the ground would just add to the vibes im going for, oh okay, some intersect development videos thank you! like to see what other folks are creating and there way of doing, hopefully will learn some new things!

alright if i find one il be sure to run it past you, ill send you a msg

On 12/21/2022 at 5:33 PM, Artheios said:

For now on my project, i concentrate only on the base of the differents islands mapping

haha this is what i had to hear, ive been having too much fun messing with a wee bit of everything and nothing is getting done :D i will use this advice for myself, i am currently working on setting the foundations right now, when that's done i am only going to create maps and battle the urge sometimes to make cool new sword sprite i have loads and nowhere to use them, map first, gameplay later haha