Permanent death

SneakBug8

Question

4 answers to this question

This can be done with events.

Keep the spawn map empty. Place a single event on it set to autorun. Have it check to see if a switch is false (conditional branch), set it to true and warp the player to the start of the game.  Then whenever they die they will spawn on this empty map again. That event can check if they have ever been on the map before (like on first spawn) and if so it could inform them that their character is dead and they can no longer play on that account or something.

Once the source is released you can do something via code that would inform the user upon login that they need a new character or something.

1 hour ago, SneakBug8 said:

May be using events with condition on hp and warping to locked map?

I was going to suggest something similar :) instead of having the player create an account from scratch everytime, create a hub they get teleported back to. This hub could have many advantages for gameplay mechanics and player interactions. I would suggest looking at Realm of the Mad Gods and try to merge the character selection screen and in-game player hub into an interactive area. This method could also create the opportunity for upgrades for consistent players. If you need help creating the events or systems for this type of game, I'm sure we'll all gladly help with it. Cheers!