What is the logic in the slowness

Smoot

Question

I'm trying to understand the movement speed inherent in the engine. Max speed is 255 which is still painfully slow for even walking. Am I missing a setting somewhere for this? Is using "Speed" in the class editor all there is? My kids are laughing at me when I ask them to play my game, what should I do about that?

Edit: I did find Max Stat which is how to edit the 255.

4 answers to this question

22 hours ago, Smoot said:

I'm trying to understand the movement speed inherent in the engine. Max speed is 255 which is still painfully slow for even walking. Am I missing a setting somewhere for this? Is using "Speed" in the class editor all there is? My kids are laughing at me when I ask them to play my game, what should I do about that?

Edit: I did find Max Stat which is how to edit the 255.

You can edit max stats in Server's config file...

If you want to faster animation in Server's config file too...

I believe he is referring to changing how fast a player moves depending on their Speed Stat.
The formula is hard coded (at least in Stable Branch)

There was talk on separating Movement and Attack speed so it may have changed in Main branch.

Yeah I mean I can change it in the Server config, but that changes all to whatever the max is. There's also the problem in the player info the speed setting at like 1500 stands out. There is a new attack speed setting, which is helpful, I'd just like to see movement  be in the config itself, then the class editor change a multiplier or something. I'll write it up for github, just wasn't sure if I missed something.