Block Function (Give your vote)

Weylon Santana

Block Function  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How should the block function work?

• It should be as shown
    • I prefer otherwise ("then I will comment as")

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2022 at 02:59 AM

Question

Guys, I, like others, hate to see the block everywhere in the intersect, but it has no use. We have by default the Q button to block attacks, we have the "BlockingSlow" option on the server to configure something. In addition to references elsewhere (knowing if the player is blocking or not, or just blocking when he's shielded and etc)

Navigating to the ends of the earth I found the original function of the action of blocking with shield, see:

Spoiler

But today it doesn't work.

So I set out to make some changes about how i believe it would be nice to have the block function working.

I created 3 new properties for when we are going to create a shield.

Block Chance (%) - Because I believe that not every shield should have a 100% chance of defending when we press Q. So this option sets a "margin of error".

Block Amount (%) - Porque acredito que nem todo escudo deve ter 100% de chance de anular o dano quando apertamos Q. Then we define how many (%) the shield will absorb. The rest of the damage will be taken from the defender's health.

See in action:

Spoiler

Finally a friend gave me the idea to create the - Block Damage Absorption (%)

Its function is basically to take the damage absorbed by the shield and use it as a base to increase the defender's health. A kind of reverse lifesteal.

See in action:

Spoiler

With all these points presented, I would like your opinion, if it is the will of the majority that the blocking function be this way. Or make additional points. I'll leave this topic open until the 20th or so.

If it is the will of the majority, I ask the developers to do a review to see if there is a possibility (it is not guaranteed) to enter the engine for everyone.

I made these changes, because it's how I believe it should be, I think the battles would be more dynamic with the shield working that way.

But everyone has an opinion and I hope yours.

3 answers to this question

For my part, both points that you showed both the probability of blocking and the amount of damage blocked as well as the absorption of life when blocking seem perfect to me, honestly it would be a very good improvement for the combat of my game to have it working in this way way.

4 hours ago, Cheshire said:

I'd be fine with the option, however.. this should also mean that there needs to be a block sprite animation and not just the functionality.

I totally agree with you, but this is out of the scope of my knowledge haha, the most I can do is ask as feat.req and wait for someone more experienced.