Open Alpha Flintforge Deep [Intersect] [OPEN ALPHA!]

TheBearWannabe

f6260d56ec357eab53f909d1b59029ea.png

"Without much else to do besides explore, what next?"

FlintForge Deep is a planned ORPG focusing solely on roleplay, set within a large fictional Dwarven city filled with details, secrets and unique place settings perfect for any sort of RP session. It's inspired by old-school Roleplay from MMO's like World of Warcraft and Everquest, but with it's own setting, stories, and lore to learn and uncover as you play with friends. Development has been going on for a few weeks using the Intersect Engine!

Download the client here! (ZIP File 128MB)

307ccd1addb8e1ed0e7bb713f429b69d.png

For one reason or another you’ve found yourself at the gates of FlintForge Deep - One of the larger Dwarven settlements in the northern mountains. As you make your way inside you’ve learned that due to a huge incoming storm the gates will have to be closed for some time, not allowing visitors or residents to leave the city until passed. Now stuck, you find yourself in a sprawling city, full of interesting people and things to explore. What next?

b4aab2ff2fd647935f5c675493f2204f.png

Features - 

• Multiple Races: Humans, Orcs, Dwarves and Elves with different skin options.
  • Explore - Visit a Dwarven underground city with houses, guild hall, shops, shady places and so much more being added with every major update.
  • RP-friendly equipment system - Start off with a blank slate and customize your character in any way you want! Paperdoll system in place for hair, facial hair, cosmetics, armor and more. Use character tags to add pronouns.
  • OOC Zone - Meet with friends out of character for getting cosmetic items and chatting!
  • Crafting and Gathering - Collect resources within the city to purchase unique cosmetic items, or craft potions with effects that can enhance your RP!
  • (Planned) Discord server for growing a community + adding additional spritesheets for clothing/hair/etc 

Current Staff

Spoiler

Just me! Might be changing in the future, will be needing to find composers for music near the end of development. Outside of the character sprite artwork, all of the pixel art and assets have been created by me! 

Screenshots/Content

Spoiler

9b7c3509057d868e67ac66dc5f218fb0.png

55acf717d9ea4274ba066bf7cbd49a84.png

50d270b5052b6683bfbf8b754d6e1cce.png

9f76ae4ad366c1c0f840e40814bea239.png

e0b4db9fc5eec33d64e2a60bb353427c.png

2331df0f68f8d5e7e0da35db1efde1e8.png

Recent Updates (Patch Notes)

Spoiler

2/20/22

Flintforge Deep Client 0.1d has now been released and available through your client updater!

Changes made: -

-Quests! There is now a minor questline in place for new players (WIP) along with sidequests to explain new the crafting and gathering systems. -

-Crafting! Introducing Alchemy and Scrapping! Speak with questgivers in the Arboretum and Central District to learn more - New items will be added over time for cosmetic potions/equipment. If you have suggestions please let us know in Discord!

-Music! Still a WIP, but the first few tracks of original game music are here! More will be introduced in future patches.

- New Items! - With the new crafting system we are introducing a small set of items to save up for - This includes a travelers backpack, engineering goggles and reading glasses. We also have new potions available as well, but we might be adjusting the recipes for these later.

Map Changes -

Arboretum Map updated, with added resource nodes for Alchemy - Most exterior maps updated with lootable crates for scrapping - Level 2 map accessible (Somewhat)

1/27/22

Flintforge Deep Client 0.1c has now been released and available through your client updater!

Changes made:

- Confirmed process for client updater system, should be deployed automatically once game is launched (Please tell me if you see errors!)

- Added placeholder music to zones/building maps. This will be changed in the future!

-Updated splash logo to reflect client version Map Changes: - Restaurant map added, along with new spritework for kitchen props and tables.

-Large House added -Central District market changed/Improved - Minor map adjustments/cleanup/collision improvements for NPC's

Why should you play?

Spoiler

This game is super niche! I don't plan to have any combat elements, enemies, stats, or anything else. There are a ton of other amazing projects out there that do all of these things wonderfully, but I'm wanting to keep it simple. This project's scope is intentionally kept small to not let myself get burnt out, and focusing on elements that where really important to me  - Text-based RP in a richly detailed fantasy world. If you like sitting in a tavern, being a shady mugger in an alley or an old wizard in a tower threatening to lob spells at people, this is for you! 

Edited by TheBearWannabe
Updated screenshots

After an eventful weekend I'm happy to announce that I'm bringing the project into a limited Alpha release! I have a Discord channel set up with some basic things in place, but if any RP'ers would be interested in helping build a community/test things out send me a message on Discord! WobTBW#3744

Spoiler

16471c1099c880b424806db17579ba34.png

• TheBearWannabe changed the title to Flintforge Deep [Intersect] [OPEN ALPHA!]