Equipped items with projectiles cant interact with resources

BrunoWrier

Question

for example, I created a resource which is a pot and you can break it using whatever is equipped in your main hand, sword, unarmed, etc. (so "tool type" is set to None). So a warrior with a sword can break the pot normally, and the mage COULD too. after i upgraded to beta 7 about 2 months ago, if you have a weapon equipped and it has a projectile coming out of it, no matter the direction, it cannot interact with the resource, no error or message appears. it's just as if the projectile is preventing you from physically interacting with the resource.

as I don't know if this is really a bug or is it possible to configure this by the engine and it's like a feature, I leave my question here and I hope you test it on your engine to see if it happens to you too

5 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Cheshire said:

Technically when a projectile hits something it's not the player doing it. The way you're trying to use it is not exactly how we had the system in mind.

If that's how you want it to work you may want to post a feature request for it on GitHub. I can see that being an optional toggle at some point.

this is sad because before it worked, and now it broke that system of my game. the problem is that even though the projectile is not hitting the resource, it doesn't count as hitting the resource (for example, a projectile that comes out of my back). in fact I think resources that don't need tools should take damage to anything that damages them, even area attacks.

I remember that this way worked before, but they changed, it was good, now I have to make an event to make a fishing system... using the logic that the projectile is not a player, the same thing an ax, a blade , a pickaxe, they are not players either... and they work on resources

14 minutes ago, HelenaToDev said:

I remember that this way worked before, but they changed, it was good, now I have to make an event to make a fishing system... using the logic that the projectile is not a player, the same thing an ax, a blade , a pickaxe, they are not players either... and they work on resources

lets make a feature request on github, i believe that then they will take a look on this