Player size

boberski

Question

7 answers to this question

On 7/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, Nick said:

Hi bro, I have this asset it's really good, my sprite is 3x bigger than a standard engine, I don't know if that's what you really wanted to know, any questions call me on discord.

uh, i discourage selling and offering assets (or anything at all) openly though discord and forums, there are other platforms for creators and artists where they may sell and advertise their assets with the proper licensing and everything, which is safer legally and monetary speaking.

Also, @boberski isn't looking to buy another asset pack, but to know how to set up the engine with bigger ones than the default 32x32 ones.
Please, take a read read here in order to understand how to make this happen.

659e078e1068a097b3c7b215b9c3f1f9.png

If you have sprites that are 2x bigger than lets say, the default 32x32 px sprites, then you might want to change these values up (the file is at server\resources\config.JSON) in order to make them fit your needs regardless that unity asset you got for yourself already.

Now, in theory, you could simply leave these values at their default, and simply use the bigger assets, they will simply feel "bigger" to what client will be rendering, and of course, they may look a bit off at times since they will cover more than one tile around them. You may end up playing with the values a bit until you find what suits them better.

Good luck!

Edited by Arufonsu
mentions the location of the server config file.

Not exactly that but it is cool :)

you see that player sprite is the same size even if file is bigger. I want to know how to resize in game characters, bounding boxes etc. Also when you create npc from a big sprite is big in the game to. 

Adding what Aru said in the last comment, it should be mentioned that although the sprite looks bigger, the collisions will continue to be the size of its tile, if its character is 64x64 and its floor 32x32 then the character will only receive damage / interact in the block of feet equivalent to 32x32

On 7/24/2021 at 11:48 AM, boberski said:

Soo I need to change sourcecode to achieve my goal?

Noope. just added to the first answer the following location of the file that you should edit and have saved before you launch the server again:

On 7/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, Arufonsu said:

server\resources\config.JSON

Also, if you change these values up by too much, you might have a hard time using the editor :46_confounded: there's also the alternative path which involves change/reduce your asset sizes with the right tools in order to properly fit this engine default sizes. in my experience you may get better results on this engine with sprites that go from 32x32, 48x48 and up to 64x64. on which cases you may vary around the vertical axis (Y) to give "tallness" to characters, but always trying to stay within your horizontal (X) axis limits that you decide to set up.

On 7/24/2021 at 12:42 PM, boberski said:

Ok it worked but still bounding boxes are small

Not sure if you are talking about the tiles or the target boxes here, just in case its the last one, in the following location: bd65068c596caf4ba90ac1b9d7e3f93b.png
you may find this. notice that is 32 px tall, never personally edited it, but i assume that you want have to when it comes to fit for bigger tiles. i may be wrong tho, since i haven't paid attention to this one.
0dd5bb150a8ed636eabe203ddd96a02f.png

Regardless the tileset sizes, everything about them has been mentioned, just make sure you know the sizes of your sprites, in order to properly change your server settings.