Multiple Servers Based On Regions

KazMaz

Question

Hello,

I was curious if there was anyway that I could run multiple server executables so I can have a server running for example, in South America, America, Canada, and etc.

If there is anyway that I could be able to do this than I would greatly appreciate it, thank you very much.

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, KazMaz said:

Hello,

I was curious if there was anyway that I could run multiple server executables so I can have a server running for example, in South America, America, Canada, and etc.

If there is anyway that I could be able to do this than I would greatly appreciate it, thank you very much.

currently you need the code to do it or you can create multiple copies of the server and then host it in different regions

On 7/19/2021 at 8:33 PM, KazMaz said:

Hello,

Β 

You may want to pay for a server hosting solution, among with other services that may complement for it. iirc @jcsnider offers a service specialized for Interesect based servers. And if you want alternatives, about any VPS with an Ubuntu-Linux OS and the required hardware resources will do the job.
Also, despite being an obvious thing, you may want to first progress with your project before considering to bring up something live 24/7. Unless you are doing it for fun or something like that ofc :3_grin:

Edit: As for the engine itself, its client is only capable to connect to a single server only right now.

I see that everyone is mentioning that just by hiring different services I would have everything resolved and it is not like that, currently there is no way to share the same client for multiple servers and there is no synchronization of multiple servers in the database layer, I would have to create an external application that is in charge of writing / reading the data and that communicates with the different servers, or modify everything that is currently done in the engine's server which is something essential unless you have a lot of knowledge / money .