How do I make larger enemies?

Phenomenal

Question

5 answers to this question

Not something I can reasonably add a fix for.  The server has no idea how large the entities are since it doesn't have access to the graphics.

Setting that problem aside for /most/ users their monsters/npcs are not going to be a lot bigger than the tile size. Adding support for multiple collision tiles, especially when sprites are 800% enlarged and spanning multiple maps does not sound fun and it would go primarily unused.

Sorry!

b72bd27b96.png

If you resize an Entity sprite to like 800% and create and spawn it as a NPC in the game, it shows up bigger in the game window but most of it will be phantom and only in the center tile will it be solid.  As you can see, I am standing inside his leg.  I don't know how to make the game engine register the bigger NPC as bigger.

Asking questions is always encouraged! If someone ever has your same question, they can find their answer through the searchbar/google. Also, I'm fairly sure that you need to get a bigger enemy with an upscaled version of the character proportion. So if the player is 32x48 then something 64x96 should work as well, as long as it's scaled and place properly on a grid. Just think in rectangles with the ratio of 4x6, aligned in a grid 4x4.

Edit: What Gave said ^^ it renders but doesn't have the right hitbox