Rollback issues

AisenArvalis

Question

Does anyone know why there's been an increase in rollback issues in B7?

I cannot for the life of me figure out why these issues have arisen recently but I can't seem to replicate it either, it just happens randomly.

One day I'm level 1 128/1000 exp and then the next I log back in and I'm level 1 10/1000 exp.
Did not touch my server software at all.

I have the server hosted on my home PC while I work on the game from a laptop so I can work remotely while not at home.

These rollback issues are not a big issue at the moment since I have no players but I'd like it fixed before I bring my game even remotely live.

Version 0.7.0.109

7 answers to this question

Are you closing the server at any time, and if so are you using the exit command or the red X top right?

Other than that I can't say I've ever really encountered rollback issues since the new dB system.

Could you perhaps share some server logs?

4 minutes ago, Cheshire said:

Are you closing the server at any time, and if so are you using the exit command or the red X top right?

Other than that I can't say I've ever really encountered rollback issues since the new dB system.

Could you perhaps share some server logs?

Server has not been turned off for the entire dev duration (Most of this week + last weekend)
It has happened quite a few times now. I'll share the logs once I'm home as I'm working remotely at the moment from my laptop

@AisenArvalis can you start playtesting with a different account than your editor account and let me know if this continues? (Wondering if somehow they are conflicting)

I think we have this 100% fixed in Leafling but something didn't transfer over to the base engine when I merged everything because we've seen this once or twice working on Ambardia as well.

1 hour ago, jcsnider said:

@AisenArvalis can you start playtesting with a different account than your editor account and let me know if this continues? (Wondering if somehow they are conflicting)

I think we have this 100% fixed in Leafling but something didn't transfer over to the base engine when I merged everything because we've seen this once or twice working on Ambardia as well.

I can for sure start testing with a different account to see if it still happening.

As for the logs. I only have the one file from when I first launched the server.

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/ascensiongamedev/filehost/07075e43f113f224af66e371670b02fc.log

4 hours ago, jcsnider said:

I've not encountered it once after the DB changes and some more changes happened. But I do recall tinkering with the logout procedure a little and it is a bit different from base Intersect if I recall.

Can't say I'd remember anything relevant I might have changed though.. assuming there was anything that seemed relevant.

Interesting it still persists in Intersect though. With the experience we've had in Leafling where it's gone I had more or less assumed it would be gone in Intersect as well.

21 minutes ago, AisenArvalis said:

After using a different account than the editor account, have not had a single rollback happen.. YET

Thanks for keeping us posted, and please continue to do so! I will squeeze a few small tweaks into one of the next couple of updates and then ask you to try that using the same account, assuming you don't experience problems with the separate accounts beforehand.