Example Plugin

Weylon Santana

Question

So, I downloaded the source from the intersect and compiled it following all the instructions on this link: https://docs.freemmorpgmaker.com/en-US/developer/start/compiling.html

And okay, compiled ok.

But my goal was with the example plugin.

I have been with @panda helping me because I am a very beginner in this. And i got this:

unknown.png

I compiled, cleared the solution and tried again.  Even so 8 errors.

Trying to find a solution, I clicked here:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Panda then asked me to click the restore button on the yellow banner warning.

unknown.png

Finally he asked to show the versions of the nuget package (I think) and he was also surprised to only have 4 options.

unknown.png

So we got (or I got) stuck.

He said it was just to compile a .dll and put it in the client and server plugin folder.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  Does this example plugin not work now?  will it only work in the final b7?  If there are answers, could you explain in the way that a non-programmer would understand?

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Weylon Santana said:

Does anyone have a solution for this?  Does this example plugin not work now?  will it only work in the final b7?  If there are answers, could you explain in the way that a non-programmer would understand?

It should work, in theory although I don't think anyone has really attempted to actually utilise the system yet. So you'll be hard pressed to find (especially non programming) help on this particular subject.

Unfortunately I'd also have to sit down and Google translate those errors as I have to admit my knowledge of Portuguese is limited to a few swear words. 

I'm also a little lost as to what the actual issue you are facing right now is. Does it compile? Does it not compile? All I see is warnings in the last screenshot.

50 minutes ago, Cheshire said:

It should work, in theory although I don't think anyone has really attempted to actually utilise the system yet. So you'll be hard pressed to find (especially non programming) help on this particular subject.

Unfortunately I'd also have to sit down and Google translate those errors as I have to admit my knowledge of Portuguese is limited to a few swear words. 

I'm also a little lost as to what the actual issue you are facing right now is. Does it compile? Does it not compile? All I see is warnings in the last screenshot.

It does not compile, it shows 8 errors (after cleaning the solution) saying that "it is not possible to check the version" 0.7.0.4 beta "of the ascensciongamedev.intersect.server.framework package"

When I go to the menu "manage solution nuget packages", a yellow banner appears saying "some nuget packages are not present in this solution" and asks to click on restore giving the same error above.

I don't know about programming, but I believe the error is in that nuget 0.7.0.4 package that is missing and even clicking to restore it does not find.

I have had this error before, it has helped me to switch between compilation mode, change from debug to release and see the solution cleaned in each case, then use the button to recompile the solution, sometimes some nugets things are left in some type of cache but with this I solve it.

17 minutes ago, Blinkuz said:

I have had this error before, it has helped me to switch between compilation mode, change from debug to release and see the solution cleaned in each case, then use the button to recompile the solution, sometimes some nugets things are left in some type of cache but with this I solve it.

But, everything I tried above, was trying in release, never in debug. Were you able to compile this plugin successfully? Could you show me how?

The error from what I saw, is that he is trying to restore packages that do not exist.
https://www.nuget.org/profiles/AscensionGameDev

unknown.png

There is no nuget package "AscencionGameDev.Intersect.Server.Framework"
There is only "AscencionGameDev.Intersect.Client.Framework", even so it is not in version 0.7.0.4 but in version 0.7.0.3.

I believe that because there are no such nuget packages, the plugin will never compile.

When I edited the packages files for the client.framework to stay at 0.7.0.3, the error was resolved, but the server's error still did not. At the 0.00000001% that I know about programming, I think this is the error.