Editor's changes on serverside logs?

Khaikaa

Question

Hi!

I would want to know if there are any plans of making some log system of work done on server's database? 

It would be very convenient for team working, even if they are not very specific. That way, you could open that logs file and know who worked on what and when, for example: 

[2021-02-26 12:36] Khaikaa made changes on common event <name/id>

I believe it would make intersect a more professional tool, since its not possible use any version control system(or, if it is possible, i bet most of us don't know which one).

What do you all think? Do you believe it would be helpfull? Should we ask for/develop that feature?

3 answers to this question

In my project we have more than 4 people working so this functionality is something that we have in our list of things to do, the project I am migrating from another engine and there we already had a type of log and not only to report changes but for security that if any GM makes any change, the game is responsible for saving it automatically in case there is any claim of abuse of power by any user and as only I was in charge of managing the part of the database there was no way that others can delete it, in conclusion, it would be a good system for the default engine it would only be good to specify what things would be important enough to keep track of that. 

Today a PR will be uploaded of some changes that I was supporting together with another user from the community for the tag system that was in the TODO List of the engine, if they do add it there, maybe we will dare to program it and contribute with the PR for the community.

4 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

What do you all think? Do you believe it would be helpfull? Should we ask for/develop that feature?

I'm for additional logging and am willing to provide input on how to structure it, but this is definitely something that should be contributed.

I'd suggest opening a feature request on Github so we can have further detailed discussion on what specific things things should contain, etc. as a target for a PR.

feature request is now open (#583)

Thinking about what @Blinkuz said, maybe it would be great to log both editor's changes AND moderators/admins ingame/server console/API actions related to upgrading someone's access power or banning/muting/etc.