Trap Visuals?

Eridonis

Question

5 answers to this question

You can use cast animation for people to see the traps;

However, when people get on the trap, the "cast" animation just lay there even after being activated, so it looks very strange, this spell should have an "Unactivated state" and an "activated stated", also with some radius aoe.

I've also noticed that both the cast and hit animations play when laying a trap. I wish that wasn't the case. In my game, players can lay mines that cause a big explosion animation when stepped on. But it also causes a big explosion animation when the trap is being laid down. Makes it kinda hard to catch other players in a trap if they see an explosion when you lay it down.

man i solved this problem by creating a trap spell with event type and setting a play animation event(the animation frame duration needs to match with trap duration time, my trap was just spikes in the ground then they just apear when the player cast the spell) i have some issues to remove animation when the enemy activat the trap i could not solve this then my trap stills with graphics even after deactived.