Wrongly calculated statuses?

Weylon Santana

Question

Could anyone tell me if this is a bug or not? Or me who didn't understand how it works?

I have the basic player class. With basic status, and earning 15 points per level. This class starts with no bonus points to distribute.

I reached level 10, distribute some points, but left some without distributing. When the player dies, I lower his level by 1. 

In my mind the player should lose 15 status points. Either in the points he has to distribute, or (if there is no point to distribute) lose 15 points in the status.
However he lost 30 points.
15 in the status and 15 in the remaining points to distribute.
Note:

39a499df3d0e037ebc549998ddccc968.png94fa46797d80dafa26a126d35d0a3abc.png

Without changing anything, and gaining a new level, I don't distribute any points, I died to see if it happened again, and I lost 15 points in the statuses only.

c0a68b3377c5f38cde556383bc7e2700.png4fdcf467818ad8f05c62933f84a6bbe9.png

Am I missing something? Could someone explain better?

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Cheshire said:

I don't think delevelling is officially supported, I'm not sure how you're even doing this?

To my knowledge there's no proper logic to handle someone levelling down?

I check the player's level.
If you are level 10
set level 9
so on

I know there is no specific support for leveling down, but it almost simulates it. it’s like death punishment.

3 hours ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

Sounds like it's breaking because you're doing something you aren't supposed to do, to be honest. 

I know I shouldn't do that, but I don't want players to feel that they can die as and when they want because there are no penalties, this "alternative method" is one of the 3 that I found to punish the player who dies.

Do you have some events linked to this?

0822946d703d4238adaec82a11febbe2.png

Also, I don't see any stat point gain in the editor screenshot you showed, or any levels in the other screenshots

e2ca145704e8f8bb55467a0ef5898a48.png

There's some mechanic that attempts to rectify people's stat points on level changes (ie, when a class gets more stat points after the character was made) that's probably doing this. But I'd hazard a guess it's because you're doing something that isn't officially a thing. 

Technically speaking it could be a bug and also not. Because yeah, the delevelling system itself does not exist and isn't supported. But there's half functional code for it and the event system technically allows for it. Albeit imperfect.

36 minutes ago, Cheshire said:

There's some mechanic that attempts to rectify people's stat points on level changes (ie, when a class gets more stat points after the character was made) that's probably doing this. But I'd hazard a guess it's because you're doing something that isn't officially a thing. 

Technically speaking it could be a bug and also not. Because yeah, the delevelling system itself does not exist and isn't supported. But there's half functional code for it and the event system technically allows for it. Albeit imperfect.

So I'm apparently in a gray area? Where it’s not white or black (it’s not a bug, but it is).

So do I report this as a mistake? or do I open a feature request asking for the possibility to set the level to be something like defining variable?
Where is it possible to add level, decrease level, multiply, divide and the like? (which would extinguish the level up command)