Smart Map Generator

PraySword

Question

Sorry for the many questions:7_sweat_smile:

Is there any map generator, that I can input the types of tiles and what are the only tiles that can be attached to them, and it generates me a map of the size that I want?

If there isn't, is there any future plans to make one??

3 answers to this question

That would be incredibly difficult to program well, and the end result would always end up looking very lackluster compared to hand-made maps.

What you could do (as a timesaver) is map a few nodes (maps that fit together like puzzle pieces), which you can copy-paste together to create a larger whole.

I think there was someone that made something like this but it had some issues from what I recall.

To my knowledge there's no official plans to make anything like this though. Personally I wouldn't want to work on or support something like this either way.

Even if randomisation is sometime usefull to gain time, don't forget that random generation bear no soul nor specificity, it can only serve as workbase and as we are doing 2D game which is already a niche genre, you should make the maps yourself and make them unique for the players to be interrested in exploration.