.exe detected as virus false positive

Vhaeriel

Question

Hello

When i compile the client/server/editor on my computer, the .exe run perfectly.

But when i send it to my friend (He had avast on antivirus), Avast detected both .exe (editor/client) as false virus.

Why ?

4 answers to this question

False positive... more links regarding the issue...

At the end of the day Intersect is a small/unknown program that reads files/writes files/connects to the internet/etc. It may show up as suspicious or as a virus to some programs.

It's not a virus.. and entire source code is available to prove that nothing sketchy going on behind the scenes. There's nothing we can do to stop Avast or other applications from flagging Intersect as a potential virus so the best course of action is to open Avast or whatever and mark it as a False Positive.

20 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

False positive... more links regarding the issue...

At the end of the day Intersect is a small/unknown program that reads files/writes files/connects to the internet/etc. It may show up as suspicious or as a virus to some programs.

It's not a virus.. and entire source code is available to prove that nothing sketchy going on behind the scenes. There's nothing we can do to stop Avast or other applications from flagging Intersect as a potential virus so the best course of action is to open Avast or whatever and mark it as a False Positive.

Yes i know, i've build the developpper branch form github

I think the false positive is due to tue updater run at the start of the exe, and download again the .exe before run it maybe

3 hours ago, Vhaeriel said:

Yes i know, i've build the developpper branch form github

I think the false positive is due to tue updater run at the start of the exe, and download again the .exe before run it maybe

Yes, it is. But like JC already said, we can't stop it from being detected as a false positive.