Acquire skill when using item

Minamoto Yoshitsune

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, SkyZero said:

I'm trying to do something similar to what we see in Albion online, that when the player equips a certain item he receives certain abilities.

I know I could do it for Event Item, but it is a consumable item and the idea is that it will be equipable in the character.

Any idea how you could accomplish this?

4 minutes ago, Mapyo said:

This seems like something you'll have to wait for source to do.
I do know what you mean though and it does seem cool. GuildWars 2 does this same thing.

This is possible with events as I have this in my game. Just have to explore event commands and possibilities. If a few people are after this I will do a tutorial.

It’s pretty simple really, it doesn’t replace or add to hot at but replaces the skills/abilities based on the weapon or item equip. As well as makes sure skill can only be used with item equipped. That should be a give away lol.

if I get time tomorrow after work I’ll do a tutorial as I’m in a good load for 6.1 released haha

2 hours ago, SkyZero said:

I'm trying to do something similar to what we see in Albion online, that when the player equips a certain item he receives certain abilities.

I know I could do it for Event Item, but it is a consumable item and the idea is that it will be equipable in the character.

This seems like something you'll have to wait for source to do.
I do know what you mean though and it does seem cool. GuildWars 2 does this same thing.

1 minute ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

This is possible with events as I have this in my game. Just have to explore event commands and possibilities. If a few people are after this I will do a tutorial.

I would love to see how you pull that off.

EDIT: sorry if that sounds "cocky" didnt intend for that.

Edited by Mapyo

11 hours ago, SkyZero said:

that's exactly it, could you teach how to do it?

I mean... There's events in this engine.

You have events that can learn spells and take spells away and you have events that can check certain conditions.

You put these together in a certain order, use some

HywxgEV.gif

and voila!!

Pseudo events:

Autorun, OnLogin -> how/when you would like to give the player the skill

if <weapon> is equipped > teach spell

else > take spell

On 2/16/2020 at 9:40 PM, SkyZero said:

Here you go mate a simple tutorial :D