How change the size of Option Window

Hitz

Question

Hello, i was looking on Intersect Client>resources>gui>layouts>game>OptionsWindow.json and did'nt found where can I change the size of Options Window like this image...

ac280a7f88dd2d5c45618c59f02ed3a0.png

Can anyone helpme?

thanks!

9 answers to this question

I'd really love to know this as well. I tried changing the values for a bunch of different size parameters, and I managed to resize and move just about every child element within the window but for the life of me I couldn't get the main window's size to be 40 pixels taller. If anybody knows how to achieve this, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

16 hours ago, PrincessNoodlelimbs said:

I'd really love to know this as well. I tried changing the values for a bunch of different size parameters, and I managed to resize and move just about every child element within the window but for the life of me I couldn't get the main window's size to be 40 pixels taller. If anybody knows how to achieve this, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

If its the same window as displayed in the main post then its the EventDialogWindow_3Responses.json, you can tell because it has three response buttons at the bottom. To change the main window size its really easy, you would just need to edit the Bounds, the bounds are set up like this, X, Y, WIDTH, HEIGHT so in this example i just need to change the last number to 294.

ec3e2cddde636ad3afa987ac7f850151.png

0d8706267d081781dcad001bc2437145.png

You'll have to change a few positions of things to make it look right but im sure you can figure it out from there.

Hey, thanks for your reply! And thanks even more for your excellent GUI Editor - I didn't even know that existed until this post, but it's a great convenience.

So the weird thing is, I've apparently been doing this the right way, and it's still not working. 

Here's how it looks in the GUI Editor when I try to change the 1-response Event Window:

655a86430f8915bb1b9b53846e82910d.png

Looks right! That's what I want it to be like.

But here's what it looks like in the game when I try to edit the .json file:

6bc53240d65f117000435ffbdc0fd0a6.png

Default window size remains.

Another weird thing - changing the X and Y values for the Bounds of that window does nothing at all. I can make them whatever values I want, but the window stays where it is in the above screenshot.

Changing the values of OTHER elements does change things, oddly enough. For instance, here's me setting the Y value for the Bounds of the Face Icon to 120:

da6800705197953f7e1c97958243f2d4.png

And you can see that I already changed the values of the Vertical Scrollbars to make them a little thicker, which worked fine.

So I KNOW the client is accepting the changes I make to the .json file.

More weirdness - when I try to edit the parameters for the 2-option Event Window, it also doesn't do what it's supposed to, but in a completely different way.

Here's how it looks by default:

2a6a5985fcd51d1e19f11a60460948e8.png

Here's how it looks after I try changing the final value from 208 to 408:

b3b5718465ef6ba0e84b6431e2213597.png

Doesn't get taller, it just goes up. And if I try to change the Y value from 346 to 546:

5e676b57510398e0295bd7131dd0c139.png

Nothin'. Same as the previous one.

Go home, Intersect, you're drunk.

1 hour ago, PrincessNoodlelimbs said:

Hey, thanks for your reply! And thanks even more for your excellent GUI Editor - I didn't even know that existed until this post, but it's a great convenience.

So the weird thing is, I've apparently been doing this the right way, and it's still not working. 

Here's how it looks in the GUI Editor when I try to change the 1-response Event Window:

655a86430f8915bb1b9b53846e82910d.png

Looks right! That's what I want it to be like.

But here's what it looks like in the game when I try to edit the .json file:

6bc53240d65f117000435ffbdc0fd0a6.png

Default window size remains.

Another weird thing - changing the X and Y values for the Bounds of that window does nothing at all. I can make them whatever values I want, but the window stays where it is in the above screenshot.

Changing the values of OTHER elements does change things, oddly enough. For instance, here's me setting the Y value for the Bounds of the Face Icon to 120:

da6800705197953f7e1c97958243f2d4.png

And you can see that I already changed the values of the Vertical Scrollbars to make them a little thicker, which worked fine.

So I KNOW the client is accepting the changes I make to the .json file.

More weirdness - when I try to edit the parameters for the 2-option Event Window, it also doesn't do what it's supposed to, but in a completely different way.

Here's how it looks by default:

2a6a5985fcd51d1e19f11a60460948e8.png

Here's how it looks after I try changing the final value from 208 to 408:

b3b5718465ef6ba0e84b6431e2213597.png

Doesn't get taller, it just goes up. And if I try to change the Y value from 346 to 546:

5e676b57510398e0295bd7131dd0c139.png

Nothin'. Same as the previous one.

Go home, Intersect, you're drunk.

Some values are set through the client source and ignore the json, this might be one but I’ll let somebody else talk on that as I don’t know enough. 

9 minutes ago, OniSensei said:

Some values are set through the client source and ignore the json, this might be one but I’ll let somebody else talk on that as I don’t know enough. 

No worries. Appreciate the help either way! Seriously, thanks again for making that GUI editor available. Even if I can't resize the Event Window it's worth it just to have that in my life.

Hey, so I've been trying to get this to work, and it just. Will. Not. Work.

To the very best of my reckoning I've done this all the right way, even to the extent that the window looks correct (40 pixels taller than default) in the Intersect GUI Editor itself, but then when I save it out and put it in my game folder it STILL won't resize the window.

It will do everything else. It will expand the text area. It will drop the button down 40px. But it won't make the window taller.

47012d27ba081094f9f47f3282240548.png

The button gets cut off below the bottom of the window.  I also edited the event1.png to be 40 pixels taller, as well as eventdefault.png just in case. So the PNG file is the right height, the 'bounds' aspect is the right height, and it all works in the GUI Editor. But in game no matter what I do, the Event Dialogue Window refuses to change size.

Please, please, please someone help me with this because I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. Here is the entirety of my EventDialogWindow_1Response.json: https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/318948af111fd048b261820050122e2f.json

Make this make sense to me, I'm begging you.

Hey, so I've been trying to get this to work, and it just. Will. Not. Work.

To the very best of my reckoning I've done this all the right way, even to the extent that the window looks correct (40 pixels taller than default) in the Intersect GUI Editor itself, but then when I save it out and put it in my game folder it STILL won't resize the window.

It will do everything else. It will expand the text area. It will drop the button down 40px. But it won't make the window taller.

47012d27ba081094f9f47f3282240548.png

The button gets cut off below the bottom of the window.  I also edited the event1.png to be 40 pixels taller, as well as eventdefault.png just in case. So the PNG file is the right height, the 'bounds' aspect is the right height, and it all works in the GUI Editor. But in game no matter what I do, the Event Dialogue Window refuses to change size.

Please, please, please someone help me with this because I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. Here is the entirety of my EventDialogWindow_1Response.json: https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/318948af111fd048b261820050122e2f.json

Make this make sense to me, I'm begging you.

UPDATE: NEVERMIND! I figured it out! The texture background for the Event Dialog Window was cached, so it was reading from the /packs/ folder. Deleting the /packs folder fixed it, now it uses the right (taller) image and the window is bigger to match. It's all gravy.