Password Reset Button

CoolGuyBoss

Question

Hello, 

I'm not sure if this post has been made already, I've searched and I couldn't find one, either I didn't search hard enough, or there isn't one.

Whenever I try setting up my password reset thing, I believe its correct (if someone could give an example I can look off, I'll see if its correct and adjust if needed.) but whenever you try to login, there is no place where the button "Reset Password" is. Idk if you have to enable it, if so, where? or what. Can someone please help me out, that would be great!

Thank you!

-CGB

6 answers to this question

Your server is throwing the following error:

Failed to send email (Subject: Ethiopia - Password Reset Code) to coolguyboss0609@gmail.com. Reason: Uncaught Error
System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at

535 5.7.8  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials t42sm1132374qtt.84 - gsmtp

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.CheckStatus (System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient+SmtpResponse status, System.Int32 i) [0x0001b] in /home/buildozer/aports/testing/mono/src/mono-5.20.1.19/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Mail/SmtpClient.cs:1201 
  at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Authenticate (System.String user, System.String password) [0x00065] in /home/buildozer/aports/testing/mono/src/mono-5.20.1.19/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Mail/SmtpClient.cs:1233 
  at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Authenticate () [0x000b1] in /home/buildozer/aports/testing/mono/src/mono-5.20.1.19/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Mail/SmtpClient.cs:1194 
  at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.SendCore (System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message) [0x00132] in /home/buildozer/aports/testing/mono/src/mono-5.20.1.19/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Mail/SmtpClient.cs:642 
  at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.SendInternal (System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message) [0x00050] in /home/buildozer/aports/testing/mono/src/mono-5.20.1.19/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Mail/SmtpClient.cs:523 
  at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send (System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message) [0x00091] in /home/buildozer/aports/testing/mono/src/mono-5.20.1.19/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Mail/SmtpClient.cs:500 
  at Intersect.Server.Notifications.Notification.Send () [0x000eb] in <b17c4caee4f44a509488dfb3a6964064>:0 

Either the username and password is incorrect, or if your Google Account has 2fa you might need to generate an app specific password:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

1 minute ago, Mapyo said:

I have it set up like that exactly but with my credentials.

1 hour ago, Mapyo said:

Using Gmail Port: 465

The example in the Intersect documentation specifically uses port 587, as that is the port you need to use for GMail. You said you're using port 465.