How do I set the walking speed

Smoot

Question

9 answers to this question

I tried what your asking and it works just fine in changing the speed of the character for me. I guess another question is are you saving to the map editor or the save button in the class editor, cause you have to save in the map editor and quit the client to make the changes, thats what its so-posed to do.

Maybe it's how I'm using maps... I'm using MV formatted maps that are 2.5 style. So I set

"Width": 64,
    "Height": 52,
    "TileWidth": 16,
    "TileHeight": 16

That should give me a decent amount of diagonal movement and keep proportions correct.

If you use auto tiles then it will cause you issues. Also, I think the way walking speed works is how fast you get from one tile to the next. So while you might be increasing the player speed it won’t look very fast if your tile grid is really small. I could be wrong on this one though. 

Lastly, I’m not 100% on this, but I think at some point your speed stat seems to not make much of a difference when entering a higher stat point range. For example, 150 speed might not be any different then 255 speed. 

Ill try and look into this a little more and come back with something solid that will hopefully be more helpful.