Fishing System w/ Fish Counter & Chance %

Xeno

**Note: This will only work properly with Kibbelz "Has item equipped" condition, which is coming for B6.

I'd like to share a fishing system, that is not so basic. This system does not rely on the resource editor.

First create a player switch called Fishing Spot, and two player variables: Fishing Rewards, and Fishing Counter.

Then simply place an event down where you want your fishing spot to be, and create two pages. One the first page check to see if the player has the fishing rod (If so set Fishing Spot to True), and on the second set the condition to Fishing Spot = True, with an animation of your choice. I selected a bobber animation to indicate that the player is fishing:

0cb864212e5f46b1baa5e9d4672011dd.png

8520655a5680082838e7e52e7e152f28.png

Next create a Common Event called Fishing Spot, with condition Fishing Spot = True. It will look something like this:

daa8cc94542d42b7b3cf139140fc05bc.png

To give a break down: First we are holding the player. Then we are saying Fishing Rewards is anything from 0 to 10. If it is 0, then the chatbox message displays: "No luck. Try again." It's then re-directed to NoCatch label. If the variable is anything but 0, then a fishing reward is given, and the message displays "You caught #x of (insert fish name)" and is then directed to the label FishCounter.

Lastly, near the end you place your labels NoCatch & FishCounter like so:

bc6f334216cb4e438dbc2dd8e72f7e5c.png

If you caught a fish (Fishing Rewards variable is anything but 0) then the Fishing Counter would add 1. Otherwise, the Fishing Spot is simply set to False and the player can initiate the fishing spot again. Lastly, put the id "fc" in the player variable "Fishing Counter" and display a message for players to know how many fish they caught so far.

Fish Counter Common Event:

8bf48df750cecaeec18fc9ed8b5f219f.png

You can also use images to display a timer, or put an animation above the player. Good luck!

CHANCE PERCENTAGES ADD-ON

In order to create chance percentages for catching fish, first create two player variables called "Chance Percentage" & "Chance Counter" and a player switch called "Reward True?".

Then create a Common Event called "Chance". I highly recommend creating this as a common event, so that you can use it in the future.

47504d044a38831fde0c20db1e7a8dbd.png

Here the event is simply determining what the Chance Percentage variable is set at, and then going to the appropriate label. Then under the label math is done to get a percentage, and the switch Reward True? is set to True IF the percentage was met.

In the Fishing Spot common event you'll want to determine how much the fish chance is (in this case I selected 0.001%), then run the event Chance. If the chance percentage is met, and Reward True? = True, then the fish is rewarded. If not, the message is displayed "No luck. Try again."

1faa915c2addb7f1403517cc69c058e3.png

*Added chance percentages. Will update the main post.*

In order to create chance percentages for catching fish, first create two player variables called "Chance Percentage" & "Chance Counter" and a player switch called "Reward True?".

Then create a Common Event called "Chance". I highly recommend creating this as a common event, so that you can use it in the future.

47504d044a38831fde0c20db1e7a8dbd.png

Here the event is simply determining what the Chance Percentage variable is set at, and then going to the appropriate label. Then under the label math is done to get a percentage, and the switch Reward True? is set to True IF the percentage was met.

In the Fishing Spot common event you'll want to determine how much the fish chance is (in this case I selected 0.001%), then run the event Chance. If the chance percentage is met, and Reward True? = True, then the fish is rewarded. If not, the message is displayed "No luck. Try again."

1faa915c2addb7f1403517cc69c058e3.png