Experience formula on b5.1

Khaikaa

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm playing a bit with the b5.1 and I was wondering how the ExpFormula works exactly. In the class editor you can set the base exp and the exp increase per level, and also you can set how much exp you get when defeating a npc. So... what is the exp formula of the formulas.json file for? and what are its parameters?

Cya!

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Xeno said:

It determines how much the increase is per level.

Actually its not. I tested to add a custom exp formula and the exp needed per level was the one set on the class editor, not the one set in the formulas.json file

1 minute ago, Khaikaa said:

Actually its not. I tested to add a custom exp formula and the exp needed per level was the one set on the class editor, not the one set in the formulas.json file

I tried like 17 (maybe 16?) different formulas but yeah, turns out that the JSON does nothing, gotta wait until the new beta is out 

4 hours ago, Khaikaa said:

Hi everyone,

I'm playing a bit with the b5.1 and I was wondering how the ExpFormula works exactly. In the class editor you can set the base exp and the exp increase per level, and also you can set how much exp you get when defeating a npc. So... what is the exp formula of the formulas.json file for? and what are its parameters?

Cya!

It determines how much the increase is per level.