weapon animation problem

Jackson

Question

hello guys, who can help pls ^^
I did a 12 frame sword animation, but the problem is that when hit, it appears in 1 tile from the character and even if the character will run and swing the sword, it will stay behind the character. The question is, who does the animation on this engine, how to make a sword was tied to the hero and does not remain on 1 tile during the animation
e2b59f765121c8.png

3 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

Hi, you have to make sure your animations are centered properly! 

It works best when the animation frames are the same size as the character frames. That way you don't have to calculate where to position the sword 

what characters I do not quite understand, I have an animation of just 12 frames in the center of everything, I need to make a sword projectile to mark put ? or how

do I need to make a sword when attacking with a projectile or weapon ? if weapon it will spawn in the block from character, as I have tried to change the values of the animation center was still a sword somewhere in the side. don't understand, you need a guide(

3 hours ago, Gibier said:

nothing helped, there is a basic description of the functions my problem lies in the lack of understanding of drawing how to make sword strikes - as it's all technically set up, I painted it in photoshop 12 frames of rotation of the sword all in the center, but in the game the sword or spawn when you hit next in the block, or just flying

3 minutes ago, Jackson said:

nothing helped, there is a basic description of the functions my problem lies in the lack of understanding of drawing how to make sword strikes - as it's all technically set up, I painted it in photoshop 12 frames of rotation of the sword all in the center, but in the game the sword or spawn when you hit next in the block, or just flying

It would help if you would be able to post the animation and you sprite.

Just now, Gibier said:

It would help if you would be able to post the animation and you sprite.

https://ibb.co/x3QrCmf  this animation, 
I was advised to center the image, it generally is well made, the problem is that I don't understand how the engine is implemented, tried and projectile to do with the animation, and a simple strike, simple strike, the sword stays in place when the character goes on, and when the projectile flies sword (not surprisingly), like the animation done to the sword was doing a turnover of 360 degrees, staying in the center, but in the game everything goes awry..

I suppose if you want to make it so the animation follows the character you could make several animations or something or other. Perhaps, it fires a projectile 1 tile and that makes an animation? Idk

6 minutes ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

I suppose if you want to make it so the animation follows the character you could make several animations or something or other. Perhaps, it fires a projectile 1 tile and that makes an animation? Idk

I don't know how to do it right, I just need a sword strike animation)

4 hours ago, Jackson said:

Could you send me your sprite? I'll try to make the animation like you want it. After I will send you back your animation with an image of the animation's page with few informations.

11 hours ago, Jackson said:

Try one of the many recolours of sword animation slashes already included in the engine's resources,

or check out "Small Fantasy Resources" available in the resources section of the forum

6 hours ago, Gibier said:

Could you send me your sprite? I'll try to make the animation like you want it. After I will send you back your animation with an image of the animation's page with few informations.

6 hours ago, Gibier said:

ea49744df10630f9aacf919e647b5465.png
6c0b594b48df8cf19a1ee01c6b409f53.png

27 minutes ago, Jackson said:

ea49744df10630f9aacf919e647b5465.png

Wow I didn't know what you meant you wanted until now - that looks sick! Is it free to use? (for everyone)

Just now, The Bunny Gamer said:

Thanks bro ;) JC should include this in standard resources RTP

I have no experience in animations, especially how to implement the engine which I am still learning gradually, so it's all crooked turns, I would be an example of normal which I can do

Ok well. What I noticed was that the weapon kept on going through the character and not on the enemy as such, so here is a copy of that animation but flipped vertically so the animation actually looks like it's coming out of the player.45263c16c1986354d9b4acfe6a081d4a.png

Here are the settings I found work

861cdc3cef83693b43e9f2f31768158a.png

Great work

Ok well. What I noticed was that the weapon kept on going through the character and not on the enemy as such, so here is a copy of that animation but flipped vertically so the animation actually looks like it's coming out of the player.45263c16c1986354d9b4acfe6a081d4a.png

Here are the settings I found work

861cdc3cef83693b43e9f2f31768158a.png

Great work

thanks, i go test it !

It's good enough ;-;

Maybe you could move the animation png up a bit? idk

it can be such as to displace the engine itself ? or in photoshop, but photoshop - that's half of the frame obrezanova animation in the engine, I only found the movement of light animation

3 minutes ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

It's good enough ;-;

Maybe you could move the animation png up a bit? idk

I have a Russian version of the translation engine, maybe something translated wrong somewhere, can you explain to me please how to move the animations ?