Any way for ban/mute offline player?

Vhaeriel

Question

Before putting my game online, I would like to know if there is a way to ban/mute/unban/unmute an offline player ?

I trie to edit the .db file, but i can't because the playerId (or id nvm) is an foreign key, and the data was in binary

I trie to ban ip directly on the VPS/dedicated, but the ip of player was not registered in the database

I can"t really put online the game, if administrators can't do the minimum :-(

PS : unmute/unban crash the server

680c815eb26ef7eecbe3f0a47bdcdfd3.png

4 answers to this question

You can unban/unmute by account name, meaning yes you can unban/unmute an offline player.

You can ban/mute by player name.

This is per @jcsnider's design decision that reports from other players will come in against player names, which are public, not account names, which are not public, and as such bans and mutes are against player names, which are looked up from the online clients. Unbanning/unmuting is against the account name, which the banned/muted player would be able to provide to a moderator/administrator in order to get their account unbanned/unmuted.

Bans/mutes are actually applied to the account, not the player which is why unbanning/unmuting uses the account name, something the administrator would have when a player appeals the moderation action against them, but the mechanism for applying them is against player name. At the very least in Beta 6 the player name lookup can be changed to run against the database instead of online players (or run against online players first, and the database if no matching player is found), but this will make the command more expensive (at least in the case the user is offline), but that is a discussion JC, Kibz and myself can have outside of this thread.

As for the crash, if this is when you are running a console command this is fixed in Beta 6. If this is happening from an admin/mod trying to unban/unmute from the client, then please open a bug report if one doesn't already exist.

1 hour ago, panda said:

You can unban/unmute by account name, meaning yes you can unban/unmute an offline player.

You can ban/mute by player name.

This is per @jcsnider's design decision that reports from other players will come in against player names, which are public, not account names, which are not public, and as such bans and mutes are against player names, which are looked up from the online clients. Unbanning/unmuting is against the account name, which the banned/muted player would be able to provide to a moderator/administrator in order to get their account unbanned/unmuted.

Bans/mutes are actually applied to the account, not the player which is why unbanning/unmuting uses the account name, something the administrator would have when a player appeals the moderation action against them, but the mechanism for applying them is against player name. At the very least in Beta 6 the player name lookup can be changed to run against the database instead of online players (or run against online players first, and the database if no matching player is found), but this will make the command more expensive (at least in the case the user is offline), but that is a discussion JC, Kibz and myself can have outside of this thread.

As for the crash, if this is when you are running a console command this is fixed in Beta 6. If this is happening from an admin/mod trying to unban/unmute from the client, then please open a bug report if one doesn't already exist.

Mmmh.. i understand all, so

at this moment, no way to sanction a player online?