Single Player Map

JBosc

Question

My question is, is it possible to create a single MapX single player? Even if the engine is based on multiplayer. I would like to have a unique map for the player without other players on the map.

I know that with random variables you can create a NPC that moves differently than the 2nd player. I already was so far

MORE: 

8 answers to this question

Kibzs' event command only hides other players from being drawn to the screen. It does not make another instance of the same map. All players can still see the same npcs.  His change is for cutscenes only really.

Real instanced maps are not currently possible or planned for future releases at this time.

24 minutes ago, Taykox said:

My question is, is it possible to create a single MapX single player? Even if the engine is based on multiplayer. I would like to have a unique map for the player without other players on the map.

I know that with random variables you can create a NPC that moves differently than the 2nd player. I already was so far

MORE: 

It's possible with events for example: 

EVENT: 

Only appear when GlobalSwitchX = 0

Warp player to map

Set GlobalSwitchX = 1

Now only one player can go to that map. 

Of course you need to expand massively on this system to make it work in a MP environment. But its possible

I apologize that I was incorrect about that being a thing. I have not have any experience with the events system, but I think you could do something similar to Khaikaa's mini-game tutorial where you have one map that is blocked off by an event if it is in use. You could do something like if map x is in use then the next player would be sent to map y (which is an exact copy of map x). You would have to create multiple maps and if your game is really busy then you will need more and more.