From sqlite to mysql for dummys?

Khaikaa

Question

Hi there,

I would like to know if there is any tutorial or documentation which explains the migration process step by step. For example, why should I add a host? is that because I have to point an external mysql server?

After the database is correctly generated, what do we need for connecting with it? Is it necesary any kind of software installed? (for example, the most obvious one, mysql)

3 answers to this question

You gotta connect to a MySQL server. A MySQL server sorta works like an Intersect server in that it also has a host, port, login credentials, and any number of databases you can setup/use.  Intersect needs all that info in order to actually store/read from a MySQL database. 

No extra software is required for the Intersect server to communicate with a MySQL server. 

Thats different from an SQLite database because an SQLite database  is simply a file in the resources folder.

The cool part about MySQL is that the database operations like finding info can be done on a different machine so your server has extra processing power available. The trade off is that it is networked, so you gotta account for latency. 

Edit: We don’t have a guide available for mysql, but there’s nothing special involved, any generals mysql tutorial on the net will give you the info that you need to know. 

23 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

You gotta connect to a MySQL server. A MySQL server sorta works like an Intersect server in that it also has a host, port, login credentials, and any number of databases you can setup/use.  Intersect needs all that info in order to actually store/read from a MySQL database. 

No extra software is required for the Intersect server to communicate with a MySQL server. 

Thats different from an SQLite database because an SQLite database  is simply a file in the resources folder.

The cool part about MySQL is that the database operations like finding info can be done on a different machine so your server has extra processing power available. The trade off is that it is networked, so you gotta account for latency. 

Edit: We don’t have a guide available for mysql, but there’s nothing special involved, any generals mysql tutorial on the net will give you the info that you need to know. 

I only have to point to a mysql server and intersect will generate the whole database?