On/Around Entity

Ainz Ooal Gown

Question

Quick question. When you copy and paste an event that has a animation/spawn NPC, is there a way so the event keeps [THIS EVENT] on the "On/Around Entity" location? As when I copy and paste a lot of events I have to go through each one and set its On/Around Entity to [THIS EVENT], as it holds/stores the original events location for the spawn npc or animation.

Thanks in Advance :)

8 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Pergunta rápida. Quando você copia e cola um evento que possui uma animação / spawn NPC, existe uma maneira de o evento manter [THIS EVENT] no local "On / Around Entity"? Como quando eu copio e colo vários eventos, eu tenho que passar por cada um deles e colocar sua Entidade On / Around em [THIS EVENT], pois armazena / armazena o local dos eventos originais para o spawn npc ou animação.

Desde já, obrigado :)

I do like this.  https://prnt.sc/m99dui

11 minutes ago, moscano said:

I do like this.  https://prnt.sc/m99dui

Thanks. That's a good workaround but it wont work for me as its for a farming event I have, so I copy and paste it across different maps. As well as I have 10 different crops you can grow, so that's 10 different animations and spawn npc's that need set each time I copy and paste :P

So when you have something like this:

9f30ea2247374da79892aa7ced063870.jpg

Its a lot of editing to change the animations and spawn NPCs to the correct position on map / across multiple maps.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:32 AM, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Quick question. When you copy and paste an event that has a animation/spawn NPC, is there a way so the event keeps [THIS EVENT] on the "On/Around Entity" location? As when I copy and paste a lot of events I have to go through each one and set its On/Around Entity to [THIS EVENT], as it holds/stores the original events location for the spawn npc or animation.

Thanks in Advance :)

I also suffer from the same problem when I copy event and I do this a lot. As far as I know, there is no way to leave it automatic. Mainly if the events are on the same map, why if you copy an event on the same map, it gets a different ID, despite the same name, then nothing is more fair than an animation to run in the "GROUND" event when you copy and paste continue to the same event before, not actual, or lose the function because it is a different id.

I leave you a tip. Make each frame run on different pages. So you can copy the events without problem. I see you're using time fantasy just like me, so I know the tile you use to make the farm system. Do not create animations of them. I did so.

Page 1 - Give the option to the player to plant.
If yes - Check if player have seed, if yes, take the seed and switch on auto switch A, if not, say you need seed
If not - Leave the event process.

Page 2 [performs only if auto switch A is on]
Wait 5000ms and turn on auto switch B

Page 3 [performs only if auto switch B is on]
Wait 5000ms and turn on auto switch C

Page 4 [performs only if auto switch C is on]
Wait 5000ms and turn on auto switch D

Page 5 [performs only if auto switch D is on]
Deliver the item to the player and turn off the 4 auto switches.

Pages 1 and 5 only active with player interaction.
Pages 2, 3, 4 leaves the autorun.
Page 1 has no image.
Page 2, 3, 4 and 5 shows growing planting. Just change the image of the event, on tileset.

Test this and then tell me what you think. I could then copy and paste without problems.

If you need I can record video. :3_grin:

41 minutes ago, Weylon Santana said:

I also suffer from the same problem when I copy event and I do this a lot. As far as I know, there is no way to leave it automatic. Mainly if the events are on the same map, why if you copy an event on the same map, it gets a different ID, despite the same name, then nothing is more fair than an animation to run in the "GROUND" event when you copy and paste continue to the same event before, not actual, or lose the function because it is a different id.

I leave you a tip. Make each frame run on different pages. So you can copy the events without problem. I see you're using time fantasy just like me, so I know the tile you use to make the farm system. Do not create animations of them. I did so.

Page 1 - Give the option to the player to plant.
If yes - Check if player have seed, if yes, take the seed and switch on auto switch A, if not, say you need seed
If not - Leave the event process.

Page 2 [performs only if auto switch A is on]
Wait 5000ms and turn on auto switch B

Page 3 [performs only if auto switch B is on]
Wait 5000ms and turn on auto switch C

Page 4 [performs only if auto switch C is on]
Wait 5000ms and turn on auto switch D

Page 5 [performs only if auto switch D is on]
Deliver the item to the player and turn off the 4 auto switches.

Pages 1 and 5 only active with player interaction.
Pages 2, 3, 4 leaves the autorun.
Page 1 has no image.
Page 2, 3, 4 and 5 shows growing planting. Just change the image of the event, on tileset.

Test this and then tell me what you think. I could then copy and paste without problems.

If you need I can record video. :3_grin:

Thanks for the advice mate, this is the way i originally had it set up, but it limits you to one plant/seed on the specific tile.

So far I have 16 different seeds you can grow, and I have it set up so you can grow any of the 16 on a single event tile "Farming". With this each page is set for a different seed. It works great, but its just a ball ache to set each animation / spawn npc to [THIS EVENT] every time I copy and Paste the farming event.

Didnt Work:

EDIT: You have given me an idea!!! It will just mean creating 4 pages per seed/crop (so 16 x 4 = 64 pages) but that will solve my issue. Basically doing it the way you said, but having the first page of each crop condition to the seed. I will post once I have have it fully working.

13 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Thanks for the advice mate, this is the way i originally had it set up, but it limits you to one plant/seed on the specific tile.

So far I have 16 different seeds you can grow, and I have it set up so you can grow any of the 16 on a single event tile "Farming". With this each page is set for a different seed. It works great, but its just a ball ache to set each animation / spawn npc to [THIS EVENT] every time I copy and Paste the farming event.

Didnt Work:

EDIT: You have given me an idea!!! It will just mean creating 4 pages per seed/crop (so 16 x 4 = 64 pages) but that will solve my issue. Basically doing it the way you said, but having the first page of each crop condition to the seed. I will post once I have have it fully working.

I understand. Well, what I did was, every line of that one kind of different plantation. The way I did it, it was easy because I made an event. I copied the same to the entire line and changed the tiles in the tile editor, not the event editor.

I copied the same event to all other lines, and what I changed was simply the tiles on each page change the seed I was requesting for the application and the item I was delivering.

For me it was much faster.

I have added more requirements such as the Masters in Agriculture that in my game is necessary to plant. So I recommended it. After I made an event, in 30 minutes I had the 13 different plantations I have in my game. Fully working.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:58 PM, Weylon Santana said:

I understand. Well, what I did was, every line of that one kind of different plantation. The way I did it, it was easy because I made an event. I copied the same to the entire line and changed the tiles in the tile editor, not the event editor.

I copied the same event to all other lines, and what I changed was simply the tiles on each page change the seed I was requesting for the application and the item I was delivering.

For me it was much faster.

I have added more requirements such as the Masters in Agriculture that in my game is necessary to plant. So I recommended it. After I made an event, in 30 minutes I had the 13 different plantations I have in my game. Fully working.

I ended up doing it the way you said as would be far too much work to edit every event for the farming system I had. Added a few tweaks to it but working good at the moment with separate fields for each crop and different tiers of farming.

6 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I ended up doing it the way you said as would be far too much work to edit every event for the farming system I had. Added a few tweaks to it but working good at the moment with separate fields for each crop and different tiers of farming.

That's great. Good thing I helped.