problems with my ports guys urgent.

Jjvm_

Question

Hellos guys thanks to those who try to solve the problem, well I explain what happens is that utilize domain no-ip to utilizar an ip to play and all right up there but I from my pc I can not enter but others if  my modem model ZXHN H108N V2.5 sorry for my inglish.

5 answers to this question

So, youre hosting the server on your pc and you can not enter but others can?

The problem is most likely that your router does not allow you to access your external ip from inside your own network. In this case, just use the IP 127.0.0.1 to access your server from the same machine.

1 hour ago, eins said:

So, youre hosting the server on your pc and you can not enter but others can?

The problem is most likely that your router does not allow you to access your external ip from inside your own network. In this case, just use the IP 127.0.0.1 to access your server from the same machine.

I think eins is correct. I have the same problem here on a TPLink Archer router and have not been able to do anything to 'fix' it.  As long as others can connect to my game I'm happy, and just use 127.0.0.1 myself.

20 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

I think eins is correct. I have the same problem here on a TPLink Archer router and have not been able to do anything to 'fix' it.  As long as others can connect to my game I'm happy, and just use 127.0.0.1 myself.

One "dirty" fix would be a hosts file entry with the no-ip dyndns set to 127.0.0.1.

Open "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts"

Put in a new line

127.0.0.1 yourdynamicip.noipwhatever.com

The feature that allows access to your own external IP is "NAT loopback" and many routers are missing it. For me at home it actually works :)

1 hour ago, eins said:

One "dirty" fix would be a hosts file entry with the no-ip dyndns set to 127.0.0.1.

Open "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts"

Put in a new line

127.0.0.1 yourdynamicip.noipwhatever.com

The feature that allows access to your own external IP is "NAT loopback" and many routers are missing it. For me at home it actually works :)

+1
I was going to suggest this same thing. I have a router that doesn't have NAT loopback feature and I use this solution.