Duplicate maps?

Neeknog

Question

Is there a way to duplicate maps that I over looked? Ideally I have a folder with 4-5 maps inside of it. I would like to duplicate the folder withe the maps. I have a small island in which is the intro of my game. At first there player appears on the island and sees a nice little village with farmers and village people enjoying their day. A ship comes to the island to drop some stuff off and brings along some rats with them. This is the start of the plague. after the cut scene the player gets warped to an exact replica of the island only I call this stage two. On this stage the island is looking a bit more dirty, npcs are running maybe arms up high, attacking rats, and disease is starting to spread. Then I would duplicate it one more where there will be total destruction of the island. Fires, blood, corpses, rats, disease ex.

Instead of making a million variables, and tons of tweaking I figured I would make three versions of the map connected via small cut scenes and dialogue.

3 answers to this question

Also you can use the selection tool to select a whole map, use the copy tool, go to the new map and use the paste tool, that's the way I do it and you only need a few seconds for map. The copy tool is powerfull, it gets also the map atributes and else, so you won't need to add all these block atribute squares and else.

The way is did that was by creating the folder  of the duplicated maps, then create the same number of blank than the needed maps. Then export the maps that you want to duplicate. Click on each blank map to edit them and import every exported map one by one .