New Scripter section

Hickie

Question

Hi

A lot of people are waiting for the source to be released to do unique things which have not yet been developed. However the majority of us won't understand how to do what we want to do or know how to make the alterations we require.

I had a thought to possibly adding a scripter section to the common event editor.

This would be C# editor were we can write our own unique scripts which can be shared on the forums.

You could list all of the events, variables and functions  from intersect which we can call to make more detailed scripts. These scripts can then be called in set parts of our games or added as a persistent  script to run continuously.

Could this be a possibility of something you could do @jcsnider ?

3 answers to this question

I'm not @jcsnider however my voice is as equally valid to answer this question. Sure in an ideal world this would be a nice bandage fix however taking the time and effort to develop this will only delay the open source release (soon tm). Which ideally is what everyone wants. So this will not be happening unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

I'm not @jcsnider however my voice is as equally valid to answer this question. Sure in an ideal world this would be a nice bandage fix however taking the time and effort to develop this will only delay the open source release (soon tm). Which ideally is what everyone wants. So this will not be happening unfortunately.

As an added note: its infinitely easier to start with a scripting or plugin system and design around it then it is to add those sorts of things as an afterthought. Having either or both while nice would still have limitations that having an entire open source engine won’t. If we were going to add either/both it should have been done 3 years ago. 

Edit: Sorry!