Max recommended connected maps?

Khaikaa

Question

Hi,

I just got enough graphic resources to start designing the world of my project, but I just realized that I don't know if we can connect as much maps as we want and if doing that will negatively affect the server/client perfomance. Can we connect as many maps as we want or is there any quantity of map connections that we shouldn't surpass?

Also, if we make a game with no connected maps, can we create as many maps as we want or there is a limit on the total map's quentity?

4 answers to this question

Nightmare has over 700 maps 300-400 of said maps are the over world all connected. Works perfectly fine as others have said but that is some sort of indicator that Intersects server can go much further than that.

Theres also no limit to the total number of maps you can have in your game. 

I'm not sure about server-side, but client-side would have no issues. The client only keeps a few maps loaded at a time so that you can see only what you might be able to see from the map you are on. You'll see what I mean if you make a long line of connected maps and open the debug menu with F2. You will see that only a few of those maps are loaded and probably even less are drawn.

I had 12 maps in a line and this picture shows 12 maps in a line but only 3 of them are known about by the client and then drawn by it.

Spoiler

929342843e34ebd0156a9ddb74153f58.png