Changing Classes

Trixer

Question

When the "set player class" is used via an event is there a way to get the player character to take on the base stats of the new class? I can't find a way but I feel like there should be a way, and I am just missing it.

7 answers to this question

The "answer" is that currently stats are not recalculated right now, but they should be.

We will change how this works in Beta 5.  Also going to add a checkbox to stat conditionals so you can define whether it should check stats + equipment or just character stats.

These changes are officially on the roadmap:

https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/topic/691-intersect-development-road-map/

2 hours ago, Trixer said:

When the "set player class" is used via an event is there a way to get the player character to take on the base stats of the new class? I can't find a way but I feel like there should be a way, and I am just missing it.

Im thinking it just literally changes your class, nothing else. This feature was made with class advancement in mind, so a knight becoming a paladin or something. 

(I noticed that almost all your questions are related to the event system, there is a big even system upgrade planned once source is released. So (sadly) we have to be patient) 

17 minutes ago, Kasplant said:

Im thinking it just literally changes your class, nothing else. This feature was made with class advancement in mind, so a knight becoming a paladin or something. 

(I noticed that almost all your questions are related to the event system, there is a big even system upgrade planned once source is released. So (sadly) we have to be patient) 

A knight becoming a paladin still might want a stat increase that isn't based on leveling.  Lineage 2 and RO are two games that have class advancement systems that directly increase stats when you class up. 

(All I am trying to do is make a check for a dungeon to see if a player has high enough stats to enter it. A very standard feature in absolutely all mmorpgs.)

Setting stats to certain things is clearly not added yet (hopefully it will be).

However, as to the other thing you said.

(All I am trying to do is make a check for a dungeon to see if a player has high enough stats to enter it. A very standard feature in absolutely all mmorpgs.)

This is easy. Just set a Conditional Branch in the event and Condition Type as "Level or Stat is...". Then set that condition to whatever you need.

1 hour ago, Trixer said:

A knight becoming a paladin still might want a stat increase that isn't based on leveling.  Lineage 2 and RO are two games that have class advancement systems that directly increase stats when you class up. 

The stats will develop the same way as that new class does. It just doesnt go back and take the base stats from the new class. Once stats can be manipulated with events this will be easy to do.

49 minutes ago, MiniGrief said:

Setting stats to certain things is clearly not added yet (hopefully it will be).

This is easy. Just set a Conditional Branch in the event and Condition Type as "Level or Stat is...". Then set that condition to whatever you need.

Exactly! 

9 hours ago, MiniGrief said:

No this is not easy. Because if a class advances from the novice class to an advanced class it doesn't get any new stats. There for with out gear factored in  then they appear to be the same strength as the class before them.  So no, it  is not nearly as easy as it appears to be.

The only good the stat condition is for when you are checking to see if a player might have the stats to equip an item.  Other then that it is completely useless (and one could argue that the condition check system for equipping items is just as useless)