How to make non-item paperdoll?

Guds

Question

I want the hair for my characters to be paperdolls, so when I equip a helmet, the hair should be removed. Is there a way to make these hair paperdolls without using items? Maybe via common events?

3 answers to this question

I don't think this is possible with the current event system. If conditional branches had an "Is Equipped" system then possibly, but right now I don't think there's a way to differentiate if a player has something equipped or just has something in their inventory. You should put in a suggestion for a conditional branch check that checks if there if the player has an item equipped in a certain slot β€” that would be useful for something like this, among other things.

The way we did this for Life Forge was an optional checkbox for Helmets that read "Hide Hair". If it was checked it would render a bald head instead of a head with hair on it. If you want to start making assets for this system (a bald head and heads with hair), I'll be releasing a free tutorial for adding it when the source code is released.

10 hours ago, SkywardRiver said:

The way we did this for Life Forge was an optional checkbox for Helmets that read "Hide Hair". If it was checked it would render a bald head instead of a head with hair on it. If you want to start making assets for this system (a bald head and heads with hair), I'll be releasing a free tutorial for adding it when the source code is released.

Β 

I need this