races

jarick254

Question

just wondering i am sory for the noob questions but is it possible to make races on intercet like i could make a race and then set the class to say warrior or mage or 

whould i have to make the classes into races like get spirtes say make one orc or a drow and add skills to the class

3 answers to this question

Yes, you can manage that in many ways. For example, you can do one class for each race x class or you can manage that using variables: you can create the player variable "playerClass" where 0 = human, 1 = elf... and classes warrior and mage. If you try this way, you may use a common event to select the skill the player will learn defining a leveling up trigger and a simple command block, such as:

1 if player level is equals to 5:

2  if player variable playerClass is equals to 0:

3 if player class is mage:

4 learn spell human thunder

3 else

4 if player class is warrior

5 learn spell human punch

2 else

3 if player variable playerClass is equals to 1:       

4 if player class is mage:

5 learn spell elf thunder

4 else

5 if player class is warrior

6 learn spell elf punch

Its possible with the event system however better to do it with source when that becomes available. I personally would stay away from races as it will be a lot of effort to maintain all of the paperdolls for each race unless you give your orcs and dwarfs the same dimensions as human sprites which defeats the point :p.