Transfer maps

Own

Question

Hi not sure if I can do this but, is there a way to save maps to another program or something? I just finished mapping out my Tutorial Island and started looking into re-organizing all my tilesheets, well once I did redo them all my maps went black, I figure it's because I switched the names on the tilesheets or whatever so is there any way I can keep my maps I have already made and also organize my tiles?

10 answers to this question

You will need a tool that can open SQLite databses, open the server database with it.

You will need to edit the value circled in red, the problem is  you need to know what the old filename was and find it, for example the one circled in red is 8.png and change it to the new name, for example housetile.png

db.png

I think that if you changed nothing but the filename of the tiles it is possible but you need to manually edit the database, you would need to change the "data" field in the "tilesets" table and change the old filenames to the new ones.

If you changed the layout of the tilesets or the tilesets all together it would not be possible however.

23 minutes ago, Erebus said:

If you changed the layout of the tilesets or the tilesets all together it would not be possible however.

^^^^

Not possible. Basically, the editor remembers where the tile was and renders it in game. Now that you’ve changed em around, they are no longer there, it’s black. Only way to get em back is to put em the way you had em. 

However, I’d align your tile set the way you’d like it first then get back to mapping. 

How would I do that? What I did on my copy server was took all the tilesets I had and labelled them and then when I loaded it all my maps were blank, so how do I edit the tilesets in the database?