Adding Mobs / Staff

Own

Question

Hey guys thanks for taking your time to read this. I know how to go into class editor and NPC editor and make a enemy or class like that but when I add other mob sprites to the entities folder the mob sprite isn't showing up in the NPC editor to be clicked. Not sure if I'm supposed to do more than drag the image of my sprite into the entities folder or not? If so what else do I need to do? Also how do I make it so others can map? Thanks again look forward to figuring this stuff out!

11 answers to this question

Make sure the mob sprites you are adding are in .png format. To make it so others can map is a little more tricky but still easy. You have to port forward. Do all the steps in this guide and then return to my steps. 

After that, send your client folder to your friend, have them register. Go into the server and type: 

Poweracc AccountName 2

this will allow the person to map. 

AccountName would be replaced with your friends actual account name. 

22 minutes ago, Own said:

but when I add other mob sprites to the entities folder the mob sprite isn't showing up in the NPC editor to be clicked.

You need to close and re-open the editor program for it to recognize and show the new assets.

> Question: "Also how do I make it so others can map?"
I haven't tested this myself, but you will need to have the user create an account via the game itself, then log on your Admin account, press "Insert" key to open the Administration window, add the account name to the "Name" field, and change the users "Access" level to "Moderator", then hit "Set Power". After make sure they have the editor executable and related file(s).
(See attachment)

Image 2018-02-26 at 8.29.16 PM.png

5 minutes ago, Shilo said:

You need to close and re-open the editor program for it to recognize and show the new assets.

I do that with everything I add (tiles wasn't a problem) 

7 minutes ago, Giligis said:

Make sure the mob sprites you are adding are in .png format. To make it so others can map is a little more tricky but still easy. You have to port forward. Do all the steps in this guide and then return to my steps. 

After that, send your client folder to your friend, have them register. Go into the server and type: 

Poweracc AccountName 2

this will allow the person to map. 

The sprite I added was in .png format and thanks for guide I'll read it now.

1 minute ago, Own said:

I do that with everything I add (tiles wasn't a problem) 

The sprite I added was in .png format and thanks for guide I'll read it now.

Did you close and re open the editor to reload the sprites you just added??

Also, what if my internet is terrible and my only passion is food? xD (joking but my internet is really terrible)

^On that note, I once I do anything, I save, close the editor, close the server, then re launch the server, then open editor etc

When I release to the public I am going to purchase the hosting the staff here offer, and I just completely closed my server and client, then reloaded again and it's still not showing up, in my entities it shows it as image 179 and in the NPC editor it only shows to 178 and thanks @Shilo